My End of Year Blowout: Boots, Packs, Kelly Kettle, more

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Sidi Cobra Rain, Size 45, $170 shipped. THE BOOTS ARE SOLD!!
rain_side_zpsab5461ea.jpg
rain_sole_zps0523792c.jpg
These have been worn on one long tour. They're still in excellent condition, but I would say they rank a 7 or 8 on the condition meter. One ride involved some walking off piste and the toe cap does show some scrapes, but it's replaceable if that is a concern. You can see by the tread, they didn't see a lot of walking. For more information go to the Sidi site. These were $295 new. I think my price is fixed, but we'll see. I will pay shipping to anywhere in the US. The insoles were never used and will be in the boots as new.
http://motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=116&idcategory=4

Oboz Firebrand II, Size 10.5, $70 shippedPRICE REDUCED - $55
These simply didn't fit my feet. New, these sell for $140. They're waterproof/breathable, and pretty darn solid. The tread looks 99% good.
firebrand_zpsc66d6434.jpg
firebrand_sole_zpsb3f92d4d.jpg
http://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-firebrand-ii-bdry/firebrand-ii/

Deuter Futura Vario 50+10 Backpack, excellent condition, $135 shipped
This is such a great pack, but I need another pack like I need another hole in my head. This was used for one product review trip. Three nights in total. It doesn't look used at all. This is a very comfortable pack featuring full torso adjustment, a breezy trampoline back for good air pass-through, and large zippered main compartment panel access. Their belts use the same foam used in BMW automotive seats for maximum compliance and breathability. It is a very comfortable pack. There is not a speck of dirt on this pack. Includes rain cover.
deuter_lead_zps31ce0b12.jpg
deuter_belt_zps38c54df3.jpg
dueter_susp_zps38d059e7.jpg
http://www.deuter.com/en_US/backpack-details.php?category=120&artnr=34301&title=Futura Vario 50 + 10

Arcteryx Blade 24, mint condition, $85 shippedThis Pack is Sold. It went very quickly.
Did I say I have way too many packs? This pack just didn't see much use. I mostly used it to haul my laptop and gear at trade shows. It's in beautiful shape, and it's a gorgeous pack. So cleanly designed. It makes for an awesome travel pack. It has a padded laptop sleeve, "soft pocket" lined with brushed poly for things like sunglasses, phones, etc. If you need a mobile office, this is pretty awesome. I liked it because it doesn't have a bunch of floppy strap hanging from it. Very clean. It also has very cleanly designed grab handles on two sides for easy carry when traveling. These silly things sell for $179. I think my price, given the condition is a steal.
IMG_2194_zpscd1a06e2.jpg
IMG_2195_zpsb0b4e76b.jpg
IMG_2197_zpsd93af438.jpg
http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?la...&subcat=Single_Day_-_Under_30L&model=Blade-24

I will only ship in the lower 48. I'm open for discussion on pricing. I prefer PayPal payment. If the items arrive and do not appear as described send 'em back.

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
If anyone is interested, I do have an Arcteryx Switchblade briefcase built on the same design as this Blade. If you google "Arcteryx Switchblade" look for the teal version with the bright orange interior. Super great briefcase, but I don't need it either. It's in very good shape. I'd sell it for $55 shipped. It's neat because you can sort of wear it like a pack with the one strap. All of the pockets are super sleek. It's a nice piece.

I live in a tiny house and have WAY too much gear. My new years resolution (highly encouraged by my lovely bride) is to cut out some excess.

Speaking to that......

And this too is SOLD!!!Who would like a Kelly Kettle with cookset kit? (This is the original or large Kelly Kettle in all aluminum. The cookset is also aluminum)I love this thing, but it just doesn't suit my style of travel....uber light. The cookset has never been used. The Kettle has been used a few times on a few trips. Still in super shape. The fire pan has a small dent and the absolutely terrible storage bag is torn. Why they made such a terrible bag is beyond me. I'd sell it for $65 shipped. It's going to cost a tad to ship that one.
kellykettle_1.jpg

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
THULE Super High Foot Roof Rack - Set of Four Bars -- FREE

You can't beat the price. :)

I have a set of four Thule roof rack bars with the Super High gutter towers. This was once on my Discovery. They worked great as they allowed me to mount stuff out of the way of the rear sunroof.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produ...feet/thule-gutter---high-foot-pack-387-_-1013

The bars are plenty wide for any SUV, and all in all, they're in okay shape. No locks included. One tower did get bent, but the other three bar-sets and towers are in good shape. Tons of years left in them.

I can't ship these, so they're local pick-up only.

Again - FREE. In fact, I'll throw in the Thule Tire Step for free. It's pretty handy for tall rigs. http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/products/accessories/thule-step-up-wheel-step-232-_-16354

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Redington Flyfishing outfit. Rod. Reel. Backing. Line. Tipit. Case.

Not only do I suck at flyfishing, my wife has no desire to do it either. This outfit was intended to be hers. It was used in a grass park for all of an hour as she frustrated herself before getting the hang of it. But, neither one of us really have time to fish, sad as that is.

This kit is ready to go, it just needs a fly. They don't make this outfit anymore. It's spooled with Rio Gold line. It's a 5 weight, 8'6", 4pc rod with medium fast action, good for beginners. The reel is a pretty basic reel, but it did retail for about $45 on it's own. This outfit sold for $189 a couple years ago.

$95 shipped and it's yours.
redington3.jpgredington.jpgredington2.jpg

toddz69

Explorer
Christophe:

Do you think the Deuter pack is large enough for 3 day backpacking trips? I still use my Gregory Baltadore 70 that I bought from you years ago and am looking for something similar for my Dad. He does 3 day trips across the Canyon with the grandkids and something like this would be a huge improvement over the old Camp Trails external frame pack he uses now...

Thanks,
Todd Z.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Heck ya, Todd. This is a great pack for a 3 day trip. In fact, that's a pretty ideal duration. It's a tad smaller than your Gregory, but just barely. It's very similar to your Baltoro in the sense it has side pockets and it's a panel loader. It's also very adjustable, which makes it great for an extra pack to have around for friends and family. It will fit most people just fine. It's a great warm weather pack too as that trampoline back is really cool to wear. I enjoyed using it for three days, and my review of it was all raves. Dueter is already a killer value. Since you're local, I'd sell it for $110 since there's no shipping involved.
Christophe:

Do you think the Deuter pack is large enough for 3 day backpacking trips? I still use my Gregory Baltadore 70 that I bought from you years ago and am looking for something similar for my Dad. He does 3 day trips across the Canyon with the grandkids and something like this would be a huge improvement over the old Camp Trails external frame pack he uses now...

Thanks,
Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles