Tent-Cot Double / Cheap RTT - Sold

Dirtco

Adventurer
Tent-Cot Double / Cheap RTT

Sold!

I bought this Tent-Cot new for my trailer project, but changed my mind and went with a real RTT instead. It’s never been camping, I used it once in my living room just to see how comfortable it was. It sleeps two people and has the dome top so you can sit up in it. It also comes with the carry case, rain fly and under tent storage bag (all extra’s).

I cut the legs down and installed it on the trailer I was building (pictures without upper poles installed). But, I changed my mind and bought a real roof top tent instead.

If I had the storage room I would just hold on to it for a future project, but I really don’t. It’s quite comfortable and roomy for how small it folds down to, and how light it is. It would be perfect for someone that wants a cheap RTT and has some time to play around with it, or you could weld some lightweight steel to the bottom and use it as is (it could be made “useable” in an hour or two). It’s also possible that Camprite might be able to sell replacement legs, but I have not looked into that option. I paid around $350 for the tent and all the stuff that goes with it; I’m looking to get $80 for it. Again, the bottom of the legs have been cut, but there is more than enough material to work with, and at that price it’s worth playing around with. I have no interest in shipping, local pick up only. Tent is located in Silverthorne Colorado.

Last edited:

waterboy222

Adventurer
just curious, why did you opt for the RTT? Im considering the same exact install.. Would you ship to 74301? Id be trimming the legs as well so that's no problem.

Dirtco

Adventurer
just curious, why did you opt for the RTT? Im considering the same exact install.. Would you ship to 74301? Id be trimming the legs as well so that's no problem.

My trailer turned into more of a project than I thought it would be. After all that work I wanted a nice tent on it, I felt it deserved it and it was an investment. I didn't want to change things around down the road. Now that I have my daughter it's nice to be able to fit three people in it, that's not really possible with the Tent-Cot.

I think shipping would kill the deal, it's pretty bulky. If I remember right, I paid around $80 in shipping when I first bought it. I have a feeling shipping it would more than double the price. Let me see if I can sell it locally first, then I'll look into shipping options.

Are you coming out to the SLC area anytime soon?

No plans at this time, the furthest west I usually go is Moab, and that's a "maybe" for sometime this spring.

waterboy222

Adventurer
I have a friend in Vale that might be able to pick this up and hold it until I get up there in feb for a skiing trip. Will let you know when he calls me back tonight.

Dirtco

Adventurer
What are the dimensions folded up?

Off their website:

Dimensions of The Double:

Bed Size - 84” long x 52” wide
Tent Size - 84” long x 53” wide x 40” high
Folded Size - 53” x 31” x 7” deep
Tent Cots sturdy aluminum frame keeps you 11” off the ground.

I have a friend in Vale that might be able to pick this up and hold it until I get up there in feb for a skiing trip. Will let you know when he calls me back tonight.

Sounds good, let me know. Vail is only about 30 minutes from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles