Velo Mountain Adventures: Mexico

VeloMountain

Velo Mountain Adventures is our attempt to live a little different, a little better, and a lot more. As two adventurers and travelers we've put together an idea to drive around mapping mountain bike trails until we run out of trails, time, money, air any of those. We have plenty of trails to find, plenty of time to do it, and will hopefully continue to scratch up some cash.

In the coming months we're headed to Baja and to Mexico to map the trails of some existing mountain bike areas, hopefully find some more, and put together a guide for those of you that want to bring your mtb with you and escape the crowds that are infesting Boulder and Fruita and Moab and damn near everywhere else.

We're currently in Denver prepping our truck, trailer and gear.

Please check us out at www.velomountain.com.

We're taking pre-orders for the forthcoming guide. Look for loads of info on Baja Norte, Baja Sur, Oaxaca, Guadalajara and Copper Canyon - including driving info, GPS coords, local knowledge, and trail info for what exists, and for what needs to exist. We plan to be in print the beginning of Summer 2014 and on the shelves by mid-summer. We'll also be back in the States next summer and Fall on the mtb race circuit selling our wares.

photo 4.JPG

VMAlogo.jpg

Scurvy

Man thats a lot of negativity towards a couple of guys who only want to make a guide book. No different from all the hiking and travelling guide books out there probably.
I say good luck and have a good time. There may be a couple of hiccups along the way but most mountain bikers are totally friendly and will be more than willing to share
their trails. If anything they will be happy to have someone to go for a ride with. Good luck on your trip and look forward to your posts.
I live in Kamloops, BC. Tons of mountain biking here and no one gets a hard time for riding trails that have been built by the locals.

mph

Expedition Leader
Mexico...cruising around...mountain biking...Ahhh...Sounds like a good plan to me:) Enjoy!
Maybe throw in the inflatable kayaks! Game on!

witt

Adventurer
Sounds like a fun project! IMO, most of the locals in less-developed areas would welcome more visitors to support the local bike shop and other businesses.

Unfortunately we weren't able to bring our bikes with us on our trip, so we're a bit jealous!

We are from Denver too and are getting ready to cross into Baja today. Maybe we'll run into you.

Best of luck and have fun!

Judoka

Learning To Live
Bike parts cost double in Mexico. How bout bringing a few spare tires to give to those "locals".
I second this sentiment! I lived in Mexico, and I have always made an effore to give back to any place which has given to me; be it adventure, scenery, or just cold cerveza. Good comes from being a good neighbor!:sombrero:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Just a thought, or suggestion, have you thought about a digital guide? One of the challenges with print books is they almost always die a short death because re-prints and subsequent editions fail to get done. Our area has trail systems that change so rapidly, nobody with two brain cells would write a book about it. Even though we have 500 miles of trails, a book would be dated in a month.

The new digital guides out there based on web sites are brilliant, almost always up to date, and make for a great repository for various mediums, like videos, gps files, etc.

For this reason, I almost never buy paper books.

Jay H

servicedriven.org
Cool. I am planning a trip to copper canyon very soon march 18 to 23 and hope to do some riding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94