Starting to customize my FWC shell.

DRYVEM

Got the new FWC a couple months ago. We really love it but as always I like to modify for our needs. First order of business is an outdoor kitchen and an awning. I will post pics of other mods as I can. slr nov 002.jpgslr nov 003.jpgslr nov 004.jpgslr nov 006.jpgslr nov 008.jpgslr nov 009.jpgslr nov 011.jpgslr nov 013.jpg

Keyne

Adventurer
I like the fold down counter. However, just wondering... is it illegal to block the rear turn signals?

brian90744

American Trekker
Awning measurement

The awning is an Aleko 6' x 5' camper awning. $399 on amazon. The supports are self storing,
Can you give me the actual overall length of the awning. I have only 6 ft of room to mount
thanks=brian

Last edited:

DRYVEM

Keyne, Yes it is illegal to block the tail light. On the chevy from behind it is completely unobstructed. From the side the lower half is visible which has a tail and turn. So completely legal and usable.

Brian, the total length is 6' 6" end to end. the mounts are in quite a ways. Hope this helps.

Super Doody

Explorer
Thanks for the tip on the awning. Looks very similar to a Fiamma except half the price. Please keep us posted on the durability.

Galvi5

Observer
Love the idea! I have yet to take my Hawk on its first tour but I am thinking that, weather permitting, I will always opt to spend most of my awake-time outside of the camper. I am also a little concerned about cooking smells working their way into the fabrics in the camper. This may not happen but it has crossed my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz