97 E350 Winne 4x4- Ski Bum Mobile

java

Expedition Leader
Out with the old, in with the new! Thanks Bknudtsen!

The plastic trim on the newer models did not fit with my seatbelt retractor. With the trim off it just fits. Got to do the drivers tonight.
14835602485_fedc7836d7_c.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Out with the old, in with the new! Thanks Bknudtsen!

The plastic trim on the newer models did not fit with my seatbelt retractor. With the trim off it just fits. Got to do the drivers tonight.
14835602485_fedc7836d7_c.jpg

You are welcome! Nice to see you and your adorable lil daughter again. My wife thought she was great!

86scotty

Cynic
Love the decals. Is that just on the right side? It really needed something there due to the lack of a window and that works out great. You managed to give it a good look without that 'big white RV graphics' look.

java

Expedition Leader
You are welcome! Nice to see you and your adorable lil daughter again. My wife thought she was great!
Seriously thanks again! They are way better than the ones that were in there. Must have been a redesign somewhere between the two.

Anyone need E-350 Seat bases?

Love the decals. Is that just on the right side? It really needed something there due to the lack of a window and that works out great. You managed to give it a good look without that 'big white RV graphics' look.

Thanks! Yep Right side only. I have another I may put on the front of the cab over, but I haven't yet. Too much of a pain to get up there....

java

Expedition Leader
Took the beast out this weekend for the Northwest Overland Cooking Competition. Tons of fun, actually did pretty well of the FS roads.

15171624352_a212e829bd_c.jpg

14985430978_a00471c7a0_c.jpg

15149017206_8b6ba4b9dd_c.jpg

15149019866_09abb090a9_c.jpg

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Did you add those forward facing topper lights or did they come with the rig? I've been considering doing the same thing. How is the glare on the hood when they're on?

SG

java

Expedition Leader
Did you add those forward facing topper lights or did they come with the rig? I've been considering doing the same thing. How is the glare on the hood when they're on?

SG

Those are old strobes, back from its emergency vehicle days. They don't do anything, other than keep the water out right now. But they are high enough, and the hood is short enough, that with a more distance than flood beam, I don't think glare would be a problem. The nose of the cabover is above the windshield. I just use the light bar....

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Its on its own switch. I have always had my AUX lights that way. I have the switch within easy reach so its not too hard to flip on and off while driving. But your making me think... Maybe ill wire it so it can be done both ways, with high beams or separate....

Just catching up, so I'm a bit behind. Nice rig!

Haven't read the whole thread yet, so this might have already been mentioned...In California, "driving lights" must be wired to the high beams so that when you dim the headlights, the driving lights shut off as well. You might want to check the code on that in your state.

java

Expedition Leader
I don'tthink we have an RCW code like tthat. I believe it says something about no more than 4 lights on at any time, and no high beams when oncoming traffic. I have never had any problems with driving lights on any of my cars.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
I used to have a lot of problems back in the day with the old original KC Daylighters. California Highway Patrol had a bug up its butt about keeping "off-road lights" covered. I had a pair in the front for driving lights that I never covered and I used to get pulled over it seemed like once a month. After arguing with cops a dozen times that they were perfectly legal and to code (and getting 3 tickets which I got tossed out but each one still cost me time and lost wages to deal with), I finally Xeroxed the relevant section of the code and kept it in the glovebox.

That was on my 4 wheeler. I also had a set of KCs on my hotrod '67 Mini Cooper S 1275 and the cops used to pull me over for taking right and left turns without even bothering to slow down first...but they never said a word about the aux lights. YMMV.

java

Expedition Leader
Yeah in WA I belive you can only have one extra set uncovered if they are less than 50" off the ground. But AFAIK it's not regulated here really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles