97 E350 Winne 4x4- Ski Bum Mobile

java

Expedition Leader
Well some good and some bad....

Passed emissions!

And the drivers front brake locked up on me on the way home.... Smoking pads when I got home.... Arrg always something.

I did get the AC pulled off, and the vent installed tonight.

java

Expedition Leader
Brown Santa came! Single row Cree light bar, came with a nice wiring harness that is relayed too.

jt8c.jpg

gti6.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Santa came again! Two of these for the roof.

Sorry for the terrible pic couldn't get a good pic with the shiny panels.

2lub.jpg

brettf

Adventurer
Yes! You're building fast! Keep the updates coming along! I'm interested in wiring details once you get to that.

java

Expedition Leader
Yes! You're building fast! Keep the updates coming along! I'm interested in wiring details once you get to that.

Yeah its ski season! I want to use it. We really only use the RV in the winter.

Blew the budget with the front end.... So now i just need to finish putting it all together. Shop finished the brakes yesterday, will pick it up this afternoon. Hope to get a good chunk done on saturday, and headed on a shake down run saturday afternoon.

Hopefully i got the roof all sealed now..... We will find out.

What wiring details? The stuff under the dash is a mess. The PO took at the strobe controllers/sirens etc out, but left a lot of the unused wires. Then added some for lights and stuff. Probably wont get to dealing with all that till summer.

The RV box is pretty good, he pulled a lot of the unused stuff for the old radios and whatnot, but its all run in Panduit boxes/conduit, so its easy to pop the cover off and see what goes where and add new stuff. The 120 system works great, outlets are in weird spots, but they work. Needs some 12v outlets.

brettf

Adventurer
Yeah its ski season! I want to use it. We really only use the RV in the winter.

Blew the budget with the front end.... So now i just need to finish putting it all together. Shop finished the brakes yesterday, will pick it up this afternoon. Hope to get a good chunk done on saturday, and headed on a shake down run saturday afternoon.

Hopefully i got the roof all sealed now..... We will find out.

What wiring details? The stuff under the dash is a mess. The PO took at the strobe controllers/sirens etc out, but left a lot of the unused wires. Then added some for lights and stuff. Probably wont get to dealing with all that till summer.

The RV box is pretty good, he pulled a lot of the unused stuff for the old radios and whatnot, but its all run in Panduit boxes/conduit, so its easy to pop the cover off and see what goes where and add new stuff. The 120 system works great, outlets are in weird spots, but they work. Needs some 12v outlets.

Just curious to see how you wire in the panels, any controllers, etc. Really because I'm not yet to the wiring stage, so anything I can see when I get there helps :)

Yep - I'm working on mine furiously trying to get insulated properly so I can chase powder with mine as well here in Colorado. Or near Colorado depending on where snow falls!

java

Expedition Leader
New brakes!

Ginormous sway bar. the one on the back is even bigger...

And it got to try out its natural camouflage in the snow this morning!

Its supposed to rain later today, so the snow on the roof+rain should be a good indicator of if i got all the leaks sealed. Fingers crossed.

java

Expedition Leader
Productive weekend! Got a bunch more done and went for a shake down run to figure out whats missing and needed.

Installed a voltage gauge. The only other one was built into the inveter so I would need to turn the inverter on to see the voltage.

Dual USB ports, and a basket to stick the phones tablets etc in.

Cut reflective insulation for all the windows. Seems to keep the drafts down.

Light bar installed!

Drove out to Blewett Pass, found a nice sport by the creek with a fire pit and called it home for the night. Truck drove great, went up and over the passes at 65, which resulted in terrible gas mileage..... Slower next time. There was one really icy hill I was a little concerned about, but in 4wd it walked right up!

java

Expedition Leader
Already camping out! Good deal.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Yeah have to try it before the long trip!

Got the solar done last night.
Controller in the electrical cabinet.

Panels, 2 100W

Proper use of a shower.... Ski storage!!

And the all important bottle keeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz