Velo Mountain Adventures: Mexico

VeloMountain

We're about a month out from leaving for Baja and eventually mainland Mexico via the La Paz ferry. Between prepping computers and gear, adding, replacing parts on the truck, setting up the trailer, forwarding mail, etc, preps are taking up lots of time. It's fun though, to start to see the trip come together.

In addition to surfing, exploring and enjoying whatever adventure has to offer, we'll be riding, mapping and compiling all that we can find to mountain bike in Baja.

Please check out our website and don't hesitate to add in any good ideas. If you've ridden either mountain bikes, dirt bikes, or the like in any great spots, please let us know. After decades of travel to Mexico for surf, it's time to blow up the mountain bike scene down there. There are literally thousands upon thousands of miles of trails, just waiting for mountain bikes.

mexonabike.jpeg

VMAlogo-small.jpg

witt

Adventurer
We just drove the "Ruta de Vino" from Tecate to Ensanda. There's an information sign along the highway that shows where all of the vineyards are, but I noticed there's an icon for mountain bike trails too. Trail riding in the morning, wine tasting in the afternoon. Could be worse.

VeloMountain

A love/hate relationship

Wow! So much excitement over just two lame posts. Many thanks to all you adventure and good time loving fools out there and your gracious thoughts.

I spend so little time online, and thereby on the blogs, that I forget how much jealousy, aggravation, and fear motivates so many of you cyberspacers.

As to our intentions, they are to bring riding to us of course, and to bring us to riding. By offering a guide book that provides experienced adventure travel knowledge to the money that brings Pruis' and Turners and Ellsworth and loaded TRDs and Rubis to the trails of Boulder and Asheville, and Moab and Burke, to the towns and villages of the mountainous regions of the world, can only benefit everyone.

If I had a dollar for every guy that "pioneered" this or that , or whatever, over the years, I'd have about forty three thousand, two hundred and sixty nine pesos, and probably a few centavos as well. Because of course, the exchange rate is **** when going south. Or is it better?! Or worse?! Or? Or? Or? Or?

Take a breathe people, and remember that you arm-chair sailors attempting to ruin the break for the rest of us, can't kill our good time just because your experience in life is less than what you'd imagined it would be. We're not all Marlboro Man posters you know.

To y'all headed south in the next 45 days, or ever for that matter, I sincerely hope to see you soon.

Viva la aventura suckers! Oh, and don't forget to buy the forthcoming guide to mountain biking in Baja.

photo 1.JPG

Oh, and for all you people that hate a good time and just want to sit in your Lazy Boy getting fatter, I just posted some new **** on the Velo Mountain site. Check it out. It'll ruin your day. www.velomountain.com

UHAULER

Explorer
Velo, I looked at your website and Bio, you have been a lot of places in your 39 years. Have fun on your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles