Fridge Drop Slide

Luke111

Observer
Are there any other options in the US ..to the Tembo Tusk Load Spotter? The Platinum drop slide that I believe Engel brought in and was sold at Slee is no longer available and MSA 4x4's US site which has been up for almost a year and makes a nice drop slide has no pricing and appears like no one is home. I spoke to Jeremy Womack at Expedition Ops, who is listed as a dealer but is not..and he said no one has picked them up in the US..... and I left a message at Viking Offroad also listed...but have not heard back.
I believe the Load Spotter by Tembo Tusk is no doubt the best drop slide made on the planet..I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around $1000 for a drop slide.. I just feel like $600-$700 is more in my wheel house....Anybody have any information regarding AU drop slide availability in the US?

Regards

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Because of that price, I've considered fabricating my own drop slide design even going to the point of designing one. Just haven't fabbed it up due to many other irons in the fire... that and personally having limited fabrication skills & tools for working with steel.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I gave up all together on the MSA 4x4 option.
They wont ship to the US period !!

I do like the Tembo Tusk as well, but none of them will accommodate my 90L fridge.
I was looking north of 1k to have them built me one.... I simply can't afford or justify the price.

Im fabbing my own, but not a drop slide more like a tilt slide.
I got the tray build up and just got the slides rated at 500lbs and 300lbs for mobile applications.
Im going to try to finish it in the next two weeks...

Luke111

Observer
I gave up all together on the MSA 4x4 option.
They wont ship to the US period !!

I do like the Tembo Tusk as well, but none of them will accommodate my 90L fridge.
I was looking north of 1k to have them built me one.... I simply can't afford or justify the price.

Im fabbing my own, but not a drop slide more like a tilt slide.
I got the tray build up and just got the slides rated at 500lbs and 300lbs for mobile applications.
Im going to try to finish it in the next two weeks...

I talked to David De Castro, the National Sales Director for MSA 4x4 and he's willing to sell but you'd have to double the price to ship one. I have contacted a company that brings in parts via containers and they might be able to ship 10 or more in their container for a few dollars... I should have that answer next week,

Lou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke