Vulture "Cholera" fixed blade design

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
Here is the "almost done" Talon, it boasts a different design theory and leans a bit more on the Tactical or Basic Mil-Function side with a slightly different handle. It has the same general specs as the Cholera, however the production version will have a few changes from the picture. The blade coating and finish will be identical to the Cholera as well as having the same dark linen micarta handles.
This knife will be ready for Overaland Expo as well (now that I said that...).
Vulture_Talon_prototype.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
Thanks Ramjet!
If you are at the Overland Expo next month stop by our booth and take a feel. We will have both designs, the Cholera as well as the Talon, in inventory at the show.
I spent a long time refining the balance and profile of the blade. I took design elements from blades all over the world mainly the Japanese who in my opinion are some of the most practical blade designers.
Long story short it is what I call an "All Mountain Blade" not the silly Zombie slasher that seems to be the focus lately. LOL

Thanks. Unfortunately I will not be there this year, I have a meeting in CA at the same time. You are right, the Japanese have been making beautiful knives for a thousand years. That's why all of my kitchen knives are from Japan. I will be ordering one very shortly though. It just fits for me and what I do for a living. Thanks again.

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
The difference in the 2 knives is pretty substantial as materials and build. The production grade items are all 1095 High Carbon Alloy, a great tried and trued material backed by many builders. On the investment grade blade we go a bit more of a custom knife route and change the steel over to 01 Tool Steel and put a true single to zero edge (scandi) grind on the blade then leather strop the polished finish. The scales get upgraded from the standard linen micarta to G10 and the screws are replaced with permanent bolted construction. All in all the knives are quite similar but the investment grade is a true ''pry bar'' with a patina finish that is designed to be a bit of throwback to old would knives.
Hope that answers some of your questions - plus the wait currently for an investment grade knife is around 4 months (small batch hand builds).
Thanks again!
Good looking knife brother, what's the difference between the normal and investment grade knife?

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Anybody on here buy one of their knives? I've been looking for a good fixed blade knife for camp use and wondering if any ExPo members have personal experience with them. Plus I like the idea of supporting a smaller American company compared to a bigger corporation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior