2014 Sprinter will offer factory 4x4

XJCamper

SE Expedition Society
Here is what the article that is linked states.

As for North American availability, that's unclear as of this writing, but stay tuned to this space for an update once Merc's US arm officially confirms things for us, one way or the other.

Arfur's World

Observer
Sprinter has had factory 4x4 for years in Europe, so it being offered in the new range is no surprise, hope you guys in the US can get it too!
[Edit - seems like what I thought were factory probably weren't]

Last edited:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
My girlfriend has told me she read that MB has (almost) confirmed 4x4 for North America! Good news eh Mike?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me--hell, I don't know--five times?, shame on me. I'm working on being the least excited person in all of Sprinterdom. ;)

That said, I admit to having peeked a bit, you know, just to see what probably will never happen.

Apropos of which, the article here,

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-656624-1-1385289-1-0-1-1385327-0-0-11702-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html

has a bit more technical detail than the Autoblog, et al. blurbs.

If this were to happen, it'll be as a 2015 model, and it'll be interesting to see if the magical crosswind correction feature they'd promised for 2014 shows up at the same time.

762X39

Explorer
Thanks for the link Mike. I found it to be informative.Won't hold my breath for a NA introduction though.:coffee:

cwsqbm

Explorer
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me--hell, I don't know--five times?, shame on me. I'm working on being the least excited person in all of Sprinterdom. ;)

That said, I admit to having peeked a bit, you know, just to see what probably will never happen.

+1. I don't blame Mercedes or any of the other manufacturers for not bring niche products to the USA. Its our bureaucracy that makes it not profitable for them. I don't see a factory 4x4 Sprinter here unless Ford (and not Quigley or other aftermarket option) brings a 4x4 Transit to America and demonstrates its profitability.

bdog1

Adventurer
Great! Sprinter 4x4. I'm in! Now where did I put that extra $70K I had lying around? Anybody?

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

arlon

Adventurer
So, I wonder what that's going to cost. Might be cheaper than trying to convert my AWD Astro to diesel.. Sure would be easier. (-:}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke