Hot Water VS Diesel Fuel

nb11

I'm sure that steam tractor weighs twice what the JD weighs, at least. Pretty cool how it was digging those trenches.

daveyboy

Adventurer
My family had a sawmill in Idaho--until it burnt down and the family basically lost everything (many decades ago). We had a couple of those steam engines--one was donated to the county for hay rides during the county fair, the other was sold. We still have a couple of the old boilers. One ran the saw for the mill, the other was an engine that was driven into a footing for our ranch house, the wheels, etc, taken off, and then the house built around/on top of it. It heated the house through hot water radiators. We also have an old steam powered "truck" that my great grandpa built. It is pretty cool too.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Cool vid. A tug of war that isn't a bunch of truck brand fanboys. But that olde tractor is huge compared to the new one. Horsepower was never an accurate measurement anyways. I could do a lot more with 300 horses than what my truck can do. Unless horses were smaller back then?
-
I allways get a kick out of the tug of wars with pick up trucks on youtube. And all the momos that think it actually means something, cheering and beating their chests. I actually out pulled a Dodge 5500 with a dinky little van once. And we've used such means to dispose of our cheapo fleet tires more than once. LOLz. Means nothing, other than a certain vehicle pulled a certain vehicle at a certain time. A little luck goes a long ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior