My Taco Phoenix Pop Up Camper

brian90744

American Trekker
gray tank

On another note, I was reading in another forum about a foul smell coming from the gray tank or sink drain. I looked, and there isn't a vent.

You Don't have a gray tank. the thread was for a hard side camper. Your sink just drain to the outside. Just FYI.

MYTACO

Adventurer
On another note, I was reading in another forum about a foul smell coming from the gray tank or sink drain. I looked, and there isn't a vent.

You Don't have a gray tank. the thread was for a hard side camper. Your sink just drain to the outside. Just FYI.

I do have a gray water tank...it's underneath my shower. I also have a black water cassette tank. If I want to empty the gray water tank, I have to open a valve and hook a hose up to it. I believe it has either 5 or 8 gallons capacity.

brian90744

American Trekker
gray water tank.

Sorry, I forgot your shower install. If the water drains in the shower into the gray tank , you have a vent.
looking at your cabinet in the kitchen, I see a plastic water pipe from the sink down. See where that connected to.???

Last edited:

MYTACO

Adventurer
it runs down to the shower drain and Ts with the shower drain and the tank. Would the vent go by the sink or the shower drain?

brian90744

American Trekker
I guess you found the Tee, so both your sink /shower use the same vent. the vent must be higher than the sink drain outlet, and possible behind the shower wall???. I see a louvered vent were the Orange wire you have in your pictures.

Last edited:

kmacafee

Adventurer
Having been involved in manufacturing, I would like the opportunity to make right a product that doesn't meet a customers satisfaction. Selling it just kicks the can down the road and doesn't give Phoenix the opportunity to see where they screwed up and learn from that experience. Hopefully, this will have a good outcome for everyone.

MYTACO

Adventurer
Truck and camper go back to Denver this weekend! Not looking forward to the drive, but am anxious to see what Rob can do. Pick it up towards the end of February.

Kielhwl

We're also Phoenix owners who wish we'd seen this review before we bought - we've had our Phoenix for going on 3 years. We've also had massive water/discoloration issues on our liner. We go camping at least once a month - during warmer months sometimes 2-3 times a month and we've done several longer trips. We're good about setting up to dry out when we get home if we've had any rain or show when we were out. I'd be more likely to accept the condensation explanation if the discoloration was more widespread...but only in the right front corner? We also keep a vent or corner of a window open when we're in it since the Gas/CO2 sensor has never worked. We've pretty sure there is a leak up there and have done everything we can think of to stop it...but we can't figure out how water is getting in. Beyond the discoloration/leak in the liner the other problems we've had is...sink was not installed correctly so we've got a leak there. Given the location it's really hard to get to so we currently keep a bowl under there and will probably have to pull the sink out and replace the drain pipe. The 'fridge was not installed correctly - or even close to manufacture specs. Supposed to have no more than an inch gap behind it...was installed with about a foot gap. So fridge didn't have a chance of operating correctly. We went in and put a thin sheet metal "chimney" in - which works OK. Roof lift system pulled out of side wall within months. One side of the bunk lift pulled out within weeks. All the window's leaked - don't think they were sealed at the factory. OK...that's the bad now for the good. Rob and Cari were good about the stuff that went wrong within the warranty period. When we asked about the windows leaking at the seams they sent us some sealant. We were able to get the lift system fixed under warrenty..made an attempt at fixing the roof leak (not successful, but at least they tried)..They've been good about responding to our questions over the years when we have them. We've made a lot of mods to the camper to fit our needs and it works for us right now. Probably wouldn't get another Phoenix, but we needed something very specific to fit and they were easy to work with.

MYTACO

Adventurer
Sorry for the delayed update but unfortunately I have to work in order to pay for the camper and camping. That means I haven't had the time to really look the TC over. Hopefully I can devote some time this weekend.

If you are interested you can look at the company's perspective of the "upgrades" on their FB account at www.facebook.com/phoenixpopup?group_id=0. There are pictures there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty_1

Adventurer
The linked Facebook post almost makes it seem like you took the camper in for "desired upgrades" versus them fixing DEFECTS in your camper. Am I the only one feeling this way!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz