Fridge/Stove combo slide dilemma

Oleg

Hey guys, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 50 qt ARB fridge. Now my next dilemma is which slide to get. The 2 options so far that i found and pretty simular, but the only difference is how the stove sits.

Option 1: https://www.socalteardrops.com/parts/113_lg.jpg

Option 2: http://store.adventuretrailers.com/product_images/v/352/jkrear2__84621_zoom.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with either or both of them and would recommend one over the other? And why?

Also, would take any suggestions for any other slides/stove combo that i have missed.

Thanks

PS: I have a 2012 4runner Limited

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I do not have any of the two, but if I was to get one I would go with the AT set up.
They both use the partner steel stove.
The AT does a great job at housing the stove already, so all you do is pull the slide out and it's on...
you can cook from either side, but I dont know if it comes with a windscreen.
The SoCal looks like you pull the slide out and then you place your stove on top.
On the plus side you could cook away from the vehicle..
I'll be interested on seen how the propane hooks up to these stoves.

I think is just a matter of what would work best for you....The AT would work best for my set up.

Simplicity is your friend out-there.

nuclearmonkey

Observer
FWIW, I have the AT setup... It's overbuilt and ridiculous. It might be the coolest thing on my truck... and I have a pretty cool truck. :sombrero:

Oleg

Aaron,

Does the AT setup comes with windscreen? And do you think the 22" version can be put instead or it's only made for the 18" version?

Thanks,

Oleg

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Aaron,

Does the AT setup comes with windscreen? And do you think the 22" version can be put instead or it's only made for the 18" version?

Thanks,

Oleg

While the new 22" Partner stove without a lid will fit in the AT combo slide, you will not be able to operate it without removing it. This is the same for the SolCal slide. This is because the controls are on the face of the stove and not the end like the 18" stove that AT uses which allows usage of the stove without removal. Partner makes this stove exclusively for AT. AT makes an optional windscreen for the stove that folds flat and can be deployed in windy conditions.

Ranchero

Wanderer
I can't offer an in-depth comment, but I just purchased the AT combo slide. I'm building the platform in my 80 around it. I haven't yet used it on an outing, but the quality of the slide and the integration of the Partner stove are first class.

gabepari

Explorer
The So-Cal version of the slide does use a standard 18" or 22" Partner Steel stove with lid and windscreen. The stove is indeed "mounted" to the slide and does not need to be "removed" to access the knobs. We mount the stove on a hinged "elevator", you simply lift up on the stove and it pivots into position. The windscreen is integrated into the stove, so no extra parts to purchase. The stove can be quickly removed for cleaning or using away from the vehicle. Many of you already own a Partner Steel stove and this eliminates the need to purchase a custom unit. There is ample room in the stove drawer for the LP hose and regulator, along with a utensil roll and clicker lighter.

The original combo slide design was thrown together for the OJ J8 in SEMA. I've since changed a few things and made it more versatile and refined...

kb7our

Explorer
Beyond what has already been stated about the AT slide which I have, the stove with the controls on the end also easily removes from the drawer if you need it to.

Xterabl

Adventurer
gabepari, that is quite a game changer, regarding the pivoting/elevating stove and ease of integration of existing stoves!
Thanks for posting the info.
Your stove slide solutions seems ideal, IMO.
Thanks!

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
The stove is indeed "mounted" to the slide and does not need to be "removed" to access the knobs. We mount the stove on a hinged "elevator", you simply lift up on the stove and it pivots into position. The windscreen is integrated into the stove, so no extra parts to purchase. The stove can be quickly removed for cleaning or using away from the vehicle.

Posting this info on your website would be a good idea ........
Just saying....

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
All of these are fantastic setups! Depending on your setup; I say build it yourself! with some accuride slides, mounting brackets, hardware and some imagination you can do some amazing things!
PC231146.jpg and the stove lifts out if you decide to use it somewhere else :victory:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
The So-Cal version of the slide does use a standard 18" or 22" Partner Steel stove with lid and windscreen. The stove is indeed "mounted" to the slide and does not need to be "removed" to access the knobs. We mount the stove on a hinged "elevator", you simply lift up on the stove and it pivots into position. The windscreen is integrated into the stove, so no extra parts to purchase. The stove can be quickly removed for cleaning or using away from the vehicle. Many of you already own a Partner Steel stove and this eliminates the need to purchase a custom unit. There is ample room in the stove drawer for the LP hose and regulator, along with a utensil roll and clicker lighter.

Can the So-Cal stove mount be swapped around, so the slide can be on the RH side and the stove open opposite of what is shown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94