Monongahela 2008, WV, 8/20-8/24

archtimb

Adventurer
We'll be a RTT or contained within the truck, depending on how we are set up at that time. We only need a parking space. Oh, and maybe a trailer...

x100 on conduct rules. Strong believer in the family friendly thing. We hosted the 3FE Bash in 2004 and our list of "rules" was much longer than that! Still grin about that conversation...Here's the thing Dear, I want to have a dozen guys I met online over to the house for 3 days, working on Cruisers and drinking beer...Um, no, I have never met any of them...Um, no, I don't know where they are from...

That said, we would not have signed up if we had any doubt about the character of Expo members!

Mitch

KMR

Adventurer
We will just need space for our 4 wheels, and a spot around the fire would be nice.

IH8RDS

Explorer
Ground tent here unless for some odd chance of events I get a RTT for my trailer before then.... doubtfull. I will be bringing my M416 though.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Ample room on Vance's prairie, maybe.

monongahela_2008.gif

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
we will be spending nights on top of our adventure trailer..

in the tent of course :wings:

endo

PRIMITIVEROAD
IH8RDS said:
Ground tent here unless for some odd chance of events I get a RTT for my trailer before then.... doubtfull. I will be bringing my M416 though.

Ih8rds If you want since you will have to pass me on the way we can caravan out to the event I am just north or richmond right off 295

spunky2268

Adventurer
Not able to go in August, but...

All,

I've got my three weeks planned for the year already. In August, we spend a week at a secret place called "Toad Island" and catch catfish as big as......well, they're big. So I am not able to get away for a rondy, but I'd sure like to meet y'all some day.

Anyhow, I'm taking vacation next week to see some family around the D.C. area. I've planned to return home via WV to visit some areas I haven't been in a while, like Seneca Rocks and Dolly Sods. Was wondering if anyone here might be willing to share a safe/legal camping spot close to the trail area for an overnight. I've mapped Canaan Loop (FR 13) and the CR 45/FR 75 areas. Those are the areas I'd like to spend some time tooling around in. I planned this trip a couple years back after reading the article in NG Adventure magazine about off-highway travel and just never did it. Now's the time. Anyhow, any guidance you can give me to this area is appreciated. Please feel free to PM me to protect secreted locations from the masses/muggles.

Spunky

Last edited:

archtimb

Adventurer
Bump, and a question...

In the first post Chris mentioned SO's, kids & pets. Won't go into SO's and kids :D but, anyone know the area's restrictions on pets? Being east coast, I imagine the area is a State Park and we are seeing more and more restrictions...any experience in WV or this area in particular?

Thanks,
Mitch

BigAl

Expedition Leader
From the NF site
Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.
Pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed in swimming areas or sanitary facilities.
Saddle or pack animals are allowed unless posted otherwise..

KMR

Adventurer
I checked the description when I first signed up to make sure it was a NF, not a park. NF tend to be great about pets (pops, shouldn't be too different from the forests we camp in out west, is Tubby gona have his uncle to play with? Fang LOVES camping!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles