FS: Eezi-Awn XKLUSIV T-Top 1600 Roof Top Tent

lwg

Quick update. The tent is still available. I'm traveling up to Bend Oregon the weekend of March 29th and driving up the I-5 corridor from Phoenix. I could deliver the tent anywhere along that corridor if one was willing to meet me at the Interstate. PM or email me if interested.

lwg

Back to the top. Lots of interest but still no $$$. The Overland Expo is nearing and I'll gladly deliver to the Flagstaff area if needed.

Cabana Dan

I realize that you have sold the tent. I have a few question if you will. We are a family of two adults and two children. Children are 7 and 5. Average size. How do you feel about the tent size for two adults and two small children? Also, I am debating whether I too would ever use the extra walls. I see that you did not. Did you feel that you would upon purchasing and realized that you just don't need/ use them?
Thank you for your time.

Dan

dennismc

Observer
I bought this from Larry this spring, thanks Larry, and have been using it quite a bit so I think I can give you a qualified answer. Two up top is spacious, three could probably be worked out but would not be very comfortable and I don't see how four would work at all. With that being said though, if you use the walls the kids could sleep downstairs and the adults upstairs. I have set up the walls and they are very easy to use. Picture a queen sized bed and that's how wide the 1600 is, maybe an 1800 might possibly work for you.

Cabana Dan

Dennismc,

thank you for the information. My thought was that the 1800 would be the better option. I really want all of us together for our cross-country trip next summer. Thank you again!

lwg

I agree with what Dennis said. The only caveat is that if you're not very tall it might work. I'm 6'4" and I couldn't imagine more than 2 people and maybe a medium sized dog or a small child in there with me.

It gets pretty tough when you want to take the kids camping. I've seen people put cots on the walled section below, bring two roof top tents if they have a large vehicle or tow a trailer with another tent there. That being said where there's a will there's a way! If you have a way to look at one in person it would probably serve you well. Might post up and see if anybody in your area has a 1600 or the larger 1800 as Dennis mentioned.

Dennis,
Glad to hear the tents working out for you!

Cabana Dan

Dennis,

thank you for the suggestion. I have posted to see if anyone in my area has a RTT that I can see in person. Living in SW Florida I don't think I will have much luck.
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke