Recommended GM forum?

dragogt

Adventurer
Sorry guys but www.thetruckstop.us is 10 times better than the other; Maybe when they loosen the board up to discussion of something other than dogma; And heaven forbid if you question a mod or try and call a vendor out for bs....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Outback

Explorer
This is the BEST Forum.......... Well maybe not for the 6.5 aspect of your build. I Google a question about the 6.2/6.5 and am usually refered to both of those sites mentioned above plus a few others. Just remember that most people dont know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to a specific engine. Especially OUR DETROIT DIESELS. I cringe everythime I see someone who says they know what they are doing and are trying to start a 6.2/6.5 with starting fluid! Best way to destroy it. Take everything with a grain of salt before jumping head first into modifying your engine from something someone said could be done. I dont know **** about my 6.2 compared to some and usuall enough to get me in trouble if I were to try any mods. Changing glow plugs, oil ect ect are just pretty basic stuff that anyone can do. Beyond that I would ask for knowledgeable help. Post some pics of your truck.

Sentinelist

Adventurer
This is indeed the best forum! Just not as much GMT400 love and specific info as I need to get a few things sorted out here at first. So I'll go throw a dozen posts somewhere then come back here- the ExPo folks (you guys!) are tops and match the brand-agnostic interest I have in the benefits of 'getting out there'.

I definitely vet the big stuff or have a real pro do my heavy maintenance, but have no mods planned. Just upkeep, and prayers that I won't need to rebuild for awhile yet. My wife wonders about that part, glancing at the ODO, as I talk about trip dreams...

Lemme get my brush guard and fog lamps mounted and I'll unveil it properly with a build thread in the next couple weeks. I have to get my new baseline since buying it last month just right. :) A major ice storm recently delayed some wrenching efforts out on the driveway... But using its block heater and driving around during it was awesome.

I have always found 67to72chevytrucks to be a great form. They have real good section for the 73-87 GM trucks so I would thinl the GMT400 trucks are also well covered.

dieselfuel

Adventurer
i'm partial for ColoradoK5.com myself, been on there since '01. CK5 doesn't have much info on GMT400 trucks, just a small section for newer trucks and a small section for GM diesels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior