F150 overland build

Raul B

Explorer
What did you find out on the grinding when in 4wd? We have an Ecoboost that does the same thing.

they replaced the hub and the the cv axle. they were not sure why it was binding but Ford said to replace both of them... i havnt tried it yet but they said it was fixed (dealer i bought my truck from and my friend is the parts manager there so i trust them)

kodiak-black

Observer
Saw that we have similar set ups and thought I'd share mine. Love the winch set up you did. Planning on some rock slider/ steps this summer before my next trip. They are great trucks for expedition type builds. Here's a few pics from Death Valley back country camping trip.

DSC02102_zpse0e94797.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck!
How do you access the engagement lever on the winch or get a look a how the line is winding in?

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
That sounds inconvenient. I'm surprised no one has come out with an electrically engaged clutch(manual backup) for these things yet. Considering how newer vehicles are tougher to mount them on.

Raul B

Explorer
its not too bad... just pop open the hood to disengage it and pull the line... i can then close it or partially close it and use the wireless remote it came with to use the winch.

mastersryan

Adventurer
looks very good. I am in the market for a cap currently. Once I get that and level out my truck I will post some pictures. I am slowly getting it ready for a month long cross country trip.

Raul B

Explorer
looks very good. I am in the market for a cap currently. Once I get that and level out my truck I will post some pictures. I am slowly getting it ready for a month long cross country trip.

i can def lead you in the right direction for your leveling kit. PM me if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles