F150 overland build

DragonX

Observer
You mean Ill get to just sit back and watch you guys install electrical stuff that Ive wanted forever, just haven't managed to get the time/money ratio right to buy it myself? Might be the easiest wrench day Ive ever been apart of. lol (I do, however, have all my electrical stuff in the truck, except for my soldering gun, which my dad is still using up north.)

Don't worry... There is tons of wiring needed for my truck... We will find you some work.. ;)

RacerX29

im finally done!!!

man this thing took forever to make but i think it came out great. let me know what you guys think.
i have a 50" lightbar on the front and a ironman canopy on the rear. im going to mount an axe and shovel on either side of the rack.
20140315_161723_zps02db0322.jpg

How's the light bar working for you with it mounted that far back on your truck? I was thinking about using a similar mount on mine, but I was concerned that it sits so far back that the roof would block a lot of the light.

Raul B

Explorer
How's the light bar working for you with it mounted that far back on your truck? I was thinking about using a similar mount on mine, but I was concerned that it sits so far back that the roof would block a lot of the light.

it works great. i dont have any complaints. but i will be replacing it with a curved Bulldog LED light bar in the next couple of weeks

Raul B

Explorer
Wow i havnt updated this thread in a while.

so here is what i have been working on this week.

My brother let me barrow his tent cot and i figured what the heck lets see if i can mount it to my roof rack.

So 2 days ago i threw it onto the rack and it barely fits. I could almost just find a way to clamp It up there with its existing legs or I can remove the legs and hard mount it. Here is a picture
20140523_1043161_zpsa7c3af99.jpg

yesterday I went to home Depot and bought some anglr iron. I removed the oem legs and cut-down some 1" square tubing I had to replace the legs. It's a little hard to explain so here are some pictures of how it's going to mount.
eba3e9en.jpg

maqeby5u.jpg

uqepevaz.jpg

avamaqyv.jpg

6a6aqe8u.jpg

Once it's mounted to my truck I'll drill 4 wholes through the angle iron and the top bar of my roof rack and add some quick disconnects.

It should work very well with the angle iron dispersing the weight over a larger area

This morning i finished up welding the legs to the angle iron and im currently working on priming and painting it.
20140524_1019011_zps2b4982ce.jpg

I also wired up my 2 12v outlets to the rear of my decked system via my bluesea fuse box that we installed a few weeks ago.
20140523_1041451_zpsf7afd7a6.jpg

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I mounted a tent cot on my old truck and had a lot of problems with it. I would suggest getting a RTT instead its a lot easier and not to much more expensive than the tent cot after all the modifications.

What are your plans for a ladder and a rain cover when folded?
Also I found that the tent cot must be mounted in a way that it can still have the bed portion fully suspended in the air like a true cot. Otherwise it isn't very comfortable.

This was my set up

2u9upa6y.jpg

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

Raul B

Explorer
I mounted a tent cot on my old truck and had a lot of problems with it. I would suggest getting a RTT instead its a lot easier and not to much more expensive than the tent cot after all the modifications.

What are your plans for a ladder and a rain cover when folded?
Also I found that the tent cot must be mounted in a way that it can still have the bed portion fully suspended in the air like a true cot. Otherwise it isn't very comfortable.

This was my set up

2u9upa6y.jpg

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

im currently not too worried about the rain fly since i live in SoCal and it very rarely rains here. as far as the tent goes as it sits right now its mounted in a way where the bed section is fully suspended and is actually pretty comfortable (except the middle bar).

this isnt a permanent thing.. i just wanted to see if i could do it. ill give it a shot and see how it works out the next time i go camping. normally i just sleep in the back of the bed on the Decked system with a 3" foam mattress. also normally its just me when i go camping.. if the wife and kids come i bring a tent for all of us to sleep in.

as far as the ladder. i going to make one that folds.

-Raul

Raul B

Explorer
Spotted you today on Santa Rosa Rd. and Adolfo in Camarillo. Good looking truck. :sombrero:

nice. we were on our way to visit our friend. On a side note right before we got off the freeway we saw a army green raptor with a 4x4 pop up camper painted the same color. it was super sick. i wish i had enough time to take a picture of it

-Raul

Raul B

Explorer
Got bored and decided to plasti dip my grill and bumper. Now I just need blacked out headlights
8eduzyga.jpg

peduzyhe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online