F150 overland build

Raul B

Explorer
I wanted to invite everyone that has been following this thread to come and suscribe to my new blog. It will be dedicated to This truck and the adventures i take with it.. Www.overlandf150.com

banner 2.jpg

Last edited:

jpop8807

Observer
If anyone is near ventura County CA this weekend stop by the off road expo and say hi...

2ef31dfeafb503bea332d67dc5f7343e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Awesome build love the look of it.

Raul B

Explorer
Headed out to Monache Meadows this weekend. Had a great time. We showed up on Friday just after a rain storm which kept the dist down on the trail. The rest of the weekend was at high 70s. Here are couple of shots. I have about 400 images to go through.

b7c0aa4d45bd5c0569eeb215d4e0c567.jpg

90d8fa122d19eba4f21867375836e2b7.jpg

Theoretician

Adventurer
What effect does the RTT have on your gas mileage and noise on the highway? I've been trying to find a decent solution for mounting the RTT directly behind the cab, but the taller options (like the rack on yours) are very tempting.

Raul B

Explorer
What effect does the RTT have on your gas mileage and noise on the highway? I've been trying to find a decent solution for mounting the RTT directly behind the cab, but the taller options (like the rack on yours) are very tempting.
To be perfectly honest mpg is not something I really worry about since it's not my daily driver so I haven't tracked it since I started molding the truck. I don't hear any road noise though.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Come on. Give us an exclusive sneak peak of the new front end. I wont tell the IG world I promise.

F150's are SERIOUSLY lacking good looking and good quality front bumpers....assuming that's what you're making.

Raul B

Explorer
Come on. Give us an exclusive sneak peak of the new front end. I wont tell the IG world I promise.

F150's are SERIOUSLY lacking good looking and good quality front bumpers....assuming that's what you're making.
Haha. A template has been made and it will be epic. Prob won't be done for a few weeks though......

Raul B

Explorer
So next in line after that is suspension.... im torn on which way to go. I will def be going with coilovers and possibly diff springs/ shocks in the back since all the extra weight is making it sag a bit. If i dont do diff springs i may go with airbags in the rear..... As far as brands are concerned im torn between Icon, Kings, Fox and Boss.....

adrstout

Adventurer
I'm in the same looking at suspension upgrades boat. I threw a hell bent steel leveling kit and a slightly taller rear block to get some height on my new 2016. I dumped all my available fun money on tires and skid plates (as well as some other stuff) so I didn't have enough left to do the final suspension setup. I'm going back and forth between Fox and Boss. I'm hoping to have it done by next spring since I have a trip to Moab planned. What rear springs are you looking at? I'm interested in doing that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94