F150 overland build

Raul B

Explorer
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the bumper run you?

Ever thought of running F150 steelies all around? The spare on your swing out looks pretty ************ and aggressive....I think it'd be a cool combo with the truck color and the steelies.
Sent you a pm

Raul B

Explorer
debating on if i should go with a diff wheel and tire setup..... really thinking of going with OEM raptor wheels and tires seeing how they are 35's..... what do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 9101

What is everyone's obsession with steelies? They look like crap and in this case would definitely take away some of the class of the truck.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
What is everyone's obsession with steelies? They look like crap and in this case would definitely take away some of the class of the truck.

Well lots of people disagree with you and think steelies give a classic look to a truck. Might also be nostalgic considering steelies were how most trucks back in the 60's and 70's came off the production line.

Never thought it would be hard to find steelies for an F150. The beadlock raptor rims are pretty neat but I think they ultimately belong on a Raptor and a Raptor only.

Clutch

<---Pass

I like 'em....like the plain jane no non-sense look. Plus you can beat them back with a hammer if needed.

11947590_10153626332569630_3292130913327816332_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Well lots of people on this website disagree with you and think steelies give a classic look to a truck. Might also be nostalgic considering steelies were how most trucks back in the 60's and 70's came off the production line.

Fixed it for ya ;-)

D

Deleted member 9101

I like 'em....like the plain jane no non-sense look. Plus you can beat them back with a hammer if needed.

While I do agree that being able to beat them back with a hammer is a useful selling point (in all my years I have yet to bend a rim though), what I see is narrow rims that lack the proper back spacing to run wider tires with out rubbing.. plus they look rather out of place on newer trucks.

Clutch

<---Pass
While I do agree that being able to beat them back with a hammer is a useful selling point (in all my years I have yet to bend a rim though),

You ain't driving hard enough then darling! Kidding! :D

I did it once in all my years...low tire pressure, too much throttle and a square edge rock. Bent it enough to have it leak air, we beat it back into place to get out...rim was toast after that. Steel is pretty cheap to replace.

what I see is narrow rims that lack the proper back spacing to run wider tires with out rubbing.. plus they look rather out of place on newer trucks.

For a back country rig that you're gonna beat on...don't care how it looks. I dunno, came to the realization recently that a back country rig should be something that you don't care about, and wouldn't get too upset if it happened to land on its' roof and caught fire.

Me personally I don't need huge tires, that F150 I pictured is more than enough...anything harder trail wise, I rather be on a moto.

Last edited:

Raul B

Explorer
So someone hit my tow mirror while it was parked on the street. Called ford to find out how much a replacement and it was way too much. I decided to just put my old small mirrors back on the truck instead.

840a2006e7bd4fdb0ed9546c4a1eda3a.jpg

scootr2200

The vision for your truck is one that I share! It's unfortunate that you lost a mirror though.

After swapping from your tow mirrors to the non-tow mirrors, what are you thoughts of the tow mirror? Did you find much benefit to having them?

Mickey

Raul B

Explorer
The vision for your truck is one that I share! It's unfortunate that you lost a mirror though.

After swapping from your tow mirrors to the non-tow mirrors, what are you thoughts of the tow mirror? Did you find much benefit to having them?

Mickey

I love the tow mirrors.. originally i bought them because i was towing my toy hauler. the small original mirrors are ok. its taken some time to get used tot having the big blind spot mirror

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior