Hercules Terra Trac R/S?

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Has anyone tried these tires? I am thinking that they might be a good choice for VanDOOM. 3 ply sidewall, load range E in 265/75r16 is the plan.

imageGen.ashx

They look like a good heavy duty traction tire with decent road manners. They just came out this year so there is very little info on the web about them. Price is excellent and made in the USA.

jpat30

Adventurer
Wreckdiver 1321 just posted that he bought a set in 235 85 16 for his Frontier; he had very favorable things to say about them.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Yeah, I think I saw his post on the D/T. They look great, but are a 2 ply sidewall. I really think with the heavy rig like VanDOOM, a 3 ply sidewall is a good idear...:)

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I think I saw his post on the D/T. They look great, but are a 2 ply sidewall. I really think with the heavy rig like VanDOOM, a 3 ply sidewall is a good idear...:)

The R/S are a 3 ply? I like the look of them quite a bit actually. Nice siping too

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Good to know, I would think 235 85 would be as well.

Hecules actually has a pretty nice line up of light truck tires

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
You're right guys, my tires are D/Ts. So far the Hercules brand has treated me pretty well. The tires have performed flawlessly. My only gripe is sizing differences. My "235/85s" are 30.5", not 31.7". Which is annoying. But they're tough and handle rough stuff really well. Price is great too.

And I would agree on the sidewall. If my truck was a lot heavier unloaded, I'd want a stiff tire with a thick sidewall. I'd still prefer it now actually, for the peace of mind.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
You're right guys, my tires are D/Ts. So far the Hercules brand has treated me pretty well. The tires have performed flawlessly. My only gripe is sizing differences. My "235/85s" are 30.5", not 31.7". Which is annoying. But they're tough and handle rough stuff really well. Price is great too.

And I would agree on the sidewall. If my truck was a lot heavier unloaded, I'd want a stiff tire with a thick sidewall. I'd still prefer it now actually, for the peace of mind.

Thays a pretty big size difference what PSI are you running?

My BFG ATs run about 30.7/30.8 right now and have about 30 000 miles on them. I run 45 psi on tarmac

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Thays a pretty big size difference what PSI are you running?

My BFG ATs run about 30.7/30.8 right now and have about 30 000 miles on them. I run 45 psi on tarmac

On the road, I'm at 55 psi. Helps a lot with the squirmy feel. Still not as tall as advertised.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Damn that's dissapointing, stioc had the same issue with his duratracs

Did you measure them unmounted?

Yep, unmounted. I'll run them for now, but I'd really like to get closer to a full 32". I was thinking of getting the Cooper ST Maxx next time around. That's just if I can get a good idea of their actual diameter.

Otherwise I was looking at 255/85R16.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Yep, unmounted. I'll run them for now, but I'd really like to get closer to a full 32". I was thinking of getting the Cooper ST Maxx next time around. That's just if I can get a good idea of their actual diameter.

Otherwise I was looking at 255/85R16.

So hard to tell actual sizes, I really like the cooper ST Maxx also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke