DEATH VALLEY RUN - President day weekend

rascott

Observer
I may not get to Ballarat until 1am, give or take an hour. If you think that might be within the scope of your timeline, we may end up having a few late Friday night guys who could drive together. I am hoping to get to their camp by 230-3am at the latest.

ok- i get it. i will be looking around when i get to ballarat to see if anyone is still there. sounds like i may not be too late to link up.
i am guessing an 8hr drive for me, and sometimes i underestimate.
richard

don't wait for me.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I'm sure most of you know this but for those who want to link up on the trail especially at night and in the dark... You must have either CB or 2M comms to contact us if you get lost. I'm sure one of us w/ a CB or 2M radio can keep it on overnight to listen for you.

if you get lost on the way to camp, you'll also want a hiking/topographic GPS that you can plot our campsite coordinates in. Do not rely on maps alone since you won't be able to easily see landmarks after hours. Alternatively, you could just camp someplace on the trail then hook up with us at the group campsite in the AM but you'll need to leave early enough to catch up with us.

Dennx

Adventurer
Can we get the first post updated with routes, maps, dates, info and list of attendees/maybes. Or maybe it's best to start a new thread in Backcountry Adventures and Events Planning with all that info in the first post since this trip now has broader interest and many types of vehicles involved. Thanks

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Can we get the first post updated with routes, maps, dates, info and list of attendees/maybes. Or maybe it's best to start a new thread in Backcountry Adventures and Events Planning with all that info in the first post since this trip now has broader interest and many types of vehicles involved. Thanks
Carlos may be a little pre-occupied. I updated my earliest post on the 1st page of this thread. Click here --->>> http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...N-President-day-weekend?p=1484222#post1484222

cap510

Adventurer
last leg of the trip

OK guys, so here is the last leg of the trip:

We'll start from Furnace creek and work our way north towards Betty, NV taking the cu-off rd.

We'll take a right at to go explore CHLORIDE CITY, We'll try to make it to the CLiff to see the View and turn around and work our way back down to the betty cut-off rd.
We continue going towards NV and take a left to go explore TITUS CANYON.

After we get done with Titus canyon, we head south on 237 and find camp at STOPEPIPE WELLS.

I'll leave Sunday camp a bit flexible depending on how we are doing on time, we could always go back to Furnace creek if we happen to like the camp there.

Sunday we will cover around 90-100 miles, so plan accordingly

DSC_0316.jpg

I'll update the 1st thread as requested, please keep checking for the latest.

Last edited:

jjxsanchez

Hi,
Henry, Louie and Me will be leaving San Jose early Friday morning not sure what time yet but we should be able to reach the group at west side\warm spring intersection.

-Juan
(jjxsanchez)

stioc

Expedition Leader
Us too- haven't decided if we'll leave Thu after work or Fri morning...probably the latter.

tyty13

Adventurer
3 - Tyson - tyty13 - Montero Gen2 - 2 (heading out from OC Friday 3pm eta 7-8pm)
4 - Naomi - Pathfinder - 2 (heading out from OC Friday 3pm eta 7-8pm)

richard310

pew pew
I gotta talk to the gf about this considering it's the night of Valentine's Day. But if we do go, I'd like to tag along with you guys that are leaving Friday night if we get the go-ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior