ExploringNH's 2000 Ford Excursion build

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
Cooper does make 37's in a 16" wheel. They are 325/80/16 I think. I have them installed on my suburban. Nice truck. I would love to have one with the 7.3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ExploringNH

Explorer
Did some more "testing" today. :sombrero:

DSC_0383_w.jpg
DSC_0370_w.jpg
DSC_0381_w.jpg
SnowWheeling008.jpg

I also picked this up on Friday; Warn PowerPlant 12k with 5 gallon air tank and accessories. I need the bumpers to arrive! They should be here soon.

IMG_5911.jpg

Looks great! Very curious as to how the sleeping platform turns out as I'm considering an X as my next vehicle as well.

I'm hoping to start on it soon (I've been saying that for a while). I had a few layout issues in my head that I couldn't figure out but I think I solved them this weekend. I really want to complete it.

Cooper does make 37's in a 16" wheel. They are 325/80/16 I think. I have them installed on my suburban. Nice truck. I would love to have one with the 7.3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hadn't seen that tire before. Looks like a good choice. Very similar tread pattern to the Toyos that I am running now.

ExploringNH

Explorer
It does indeed. One of those golf carts pulled me out of a big snowbank though...Shhh, don't tell.

I received word today that the Buckstop bumpers will be here on Friday along with the 2005-2007 style grille and headlights. It's going to be a busy day Saturday.

Couple photos from today:

ExploringNHExcursion02.jpg

ExploringNHExcursion01.jpg

Mako1114

Adventurer
Those bumpers are going to look great and be very functional. I almost went with the Buckstop bumper on my Titan, however the ARB was $500.00 less so I went the economical route. I really like the front receiver hitch on the Buckstop.

Did you paint the front bumper yourself? If so, you did a great job and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

ETA: I just noticed the bare steel front bumper in the background of pic #1.

Cheers

Last edited:

justbecause

perpetually lost
:popcorn:

That is a big SOB and I kind of want one... do you try to make sure there is a deuce and a half in the group in case you get stuck? I dont mean just high centered/snow bank stuck, I mean "oops" stuck.

BnBRacing

that's one bad mamma jamma! I've been watching this build, and it's a large part of what made me decide on an excursion. I considered a V10 for cheap, and then swapping in a cummins, but decided on a bulletproof 6.0. I've got essentially the same lift/tire combo. mine has the block from BDS as the lift though. The block will get replaced at some point with whatever I find to give the best articulation/ride/car-trailer hauling compromise. I haven't had a chance to test it's articulation yet on this setup.

are you planning on building your own roof rack, or buying one and modifying it? plans for spare tire and spare fuel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles