Post picture of your GPS setup

fishcal247

Captwoody. Where would I be able to get more info on the mount. Also have you been able to use it off-road yet. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WSS

Rock Stacker
Nuvi 680, nearly as old as the CJ it is in LOL. Mounted to glass via suction. Super durable, it has been all over the world and in some bad weather too.

holcombtrail4_zpsce62b6c0.jpg

holcombtrail3_zps013684ec.jpg

F350

Observer
I have a Nuvi that I use also and shows 98% of the roads even off pavement. My beef with it is that it's hard to zoom in and out when you want to take a look at whats around. That's where a tablet is great. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to use my Nexus7 and so far I still use paper maps to augment the Nuvi.

I like some the ideas here tho.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
The last time I was out in the woods, I was using my new Dell Venue 7 with BC Backroads Maps and GPS tracking. It was great, and worked very well. I hated not having a mount, other than that even on my seat it was getting a very solid signal from the GPS satellites.

With it mounted up high on the center stack in the XJ, it will be perfect. Just need to build a mount system for it.

dstock

Explorer
I may have gone overboard, tablet running BN and Torque. Garmin Zumo as back up as I get more comfortable using tablet for navigation.

i-X7748z2-M.jpg

gunnermoose

Adventurer
Dstock, what are your thoughts on your Delorme SE? I went with the smartphone version and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That setup served pretty well the last three years:
-Pelicase 1200
- a bunch of batteries rechargable or Lithium
- external GPS antenna( nice have to have in the mountains)
- car 12V adapter
- windscreen suction holder
Content hidden below the surface on the right:
- GPS air vent holder
- 850mA/2100mA AA and 350mA / 850mA AAA speed charger 12V/110v/230V
Important:
- 6mm Kryptoflex steel flex cable and a good lock.(Saved the box and the GPS against theft)

18285192qh.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94