Post picture of your GPS setup

Berglid

Adventurer
Hello people. Can you post pictures of your gps setup and computer gps setup. Looking for ideas for my car. Anyone with laptops and ozieksplorer

summerprophet

Adventurer
No pics, but I have a plan coming together.

I have an ipad mini running the topo maps app. I have a hard plastic case on order that I am going to remove most of the back penal, essentially just leaving the edge.

This edge is going to be screwed into the dash in front of the car stereo. With an iPad in, it appears nearly seamless with the dash, and with it removed, i still have full access to the stereo.

My stereo has a remote control, so I will still have access to volume and source buttons (the only buttons I use).

I will post up pics if you are interested, once I do the install.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I have a laptop mounted in my work truck but I will have to post a picture tomorrow (it's dark out now).
We run CF31 toughbooks.

On the motorbike I run a nexus7 32gig tablet through the window in my tank bag.

Pirateover50

Observer
iPad, Ram mount, Dual Electronics GPS Reciever and using MotionX. Love it! And at my age, I can see it !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 221

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
iPad Nav-Bag

Just finished my Nav-Bag for My XJ

Swiss-Gear Bag, iPad in Griffin Survivor, Dual XGPS150A, ProClip Mounts, Power Cords for ea. & Styluses

I'm trying a few different Map Apps to see which I like.

Sorry for the BIG pics

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Good thread. I dig those Pro Clip mounts, was looking into them for my phone and my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab 2. What do you guys think of the Dual GPS receiver? Good price and a decent looking mount. I have been thinking about getting one.

Subscribed.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
I like it a lot, fast aquisition, very accurate, holds signal great.
I can leave my truck ipad & receiver in hand go in my house with a metal roof and still have good sat signal.
Bluetooth connect less than 10 sec 90% of the time.
Still need to get out in the heavy tree cover to see how good it receives gps sats.
Dual's Status App is very informative.
Great Nav tool :smiley_drive: & well worth the price

Can't say enough about ProClip mounts!
Very sturdy, Almost no vibration at all, Easy install in my XJ, Also worth the money.

I have about $60 in the three pieces.

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I like it a lot, fast aquisition, very accurate, holds signal great.
I can leave my truck ipad & receiver in hand go in my house with a metal roof and still have good sat signal.
Bluetooth connect less than 10 sec 90% of the time.
Still need to get out in the heavy tree cover to see how good it receives gps sats.
Dual's Status App is very informative.
Great Nav tool :smiley_drive: & well worth the price

Can't say enough about ProClip mounts!
Very sturdy, Almost no vibration at all, Easy install in my XJ, Also worth the money.

I have about $60 in the three pieces.

All very helpful things to know. I will order one and go from there... back to the pro clip site for me too!!

Thanks!
Greg

In our pré runner Jk , Garmin 278 @ drivers side & Montana & Tripy road book editor ,on co drivers side
image.jpg

In the back up Man truck , toughbook cf 19 with TTQV @ co drivers side.
image.jpg

SARguru

Observer
I mount my garmin nuvi 1460 using a ram suction mount located on the speed guage, in the instrument cluster. When i look down at my guages i see my gps. When the vehicle is parked, semi-honest people cant see the gps. Once in a while the section gives up and it falls onto the steering collum (about 3-4 times a year). I plan on taking the cluster molding off and mounting the ram ball at the top of the cluster so that the ram arm would fix to this ball vs the suction mount..

I also have for laptop a ram mount that bolts to the seat bolts, the post and ram arms allow for the laptop to be positioned over the centre console not invading driver or passenger comparment. I have 2 laptop mounts one is a powered dock for my cf-28 the other is spring base when i want us use my macbook.

I run Ozyexplorer on the cf-28 using a usb gps, just havent done so in 3-4 years.

The laptop mount is in a suburban so room is available, the guy i got the mount from wanted to install it in his jeep but doing so the laptop was in the passenger compartment so got rid of the mount.

If i end up getting an Ipad and using it for nav them i will get a ram mount for the ipad and then mount it on this base
http://www.havis.com/products/DEVMT_MNTR_DSH_SO_TAH_07_13-40373-64.html

Nic
Edmonton AB

Yes ,the supporting tube comes from Rugged Ridge ( dash organiser) , ram handle bar mounts with knuckle , ram mount arms, and Touratech lockable holders for the Garmins or Garmin holders ,depending in what country we travel.

Grts

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
What do you guys think of the Dual GPS receiver?
If you're going to look at the Dual, also take a look at the Garmin GLO. Fast Bluetooth connect, a couple of seconds. Fast, less than 10 seconds, and accurate satellite lock using both the U.S. and Russian GPS systems so more satellites to get data from. Smaller footprint on your dash. Good battery life and also works while charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles