Super Duty camper build

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
I'd like to do cutout flares, 40-42s, 4.30 or 4.56 gears, and lockers.... yeah, about that coin thing...

I think I saw your name over on The Army.. is that you?

swcruiser

Observer
Build

Nice build overall! wish i had that much power in my rig! I just have one suggestion on your battery hold down. That ratchet looks awfully close to the terminals... I think you should flip it or cover the metal with some tape.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
It does kinda look that way. It is very tight, there is no movement, and it gets checked periodically. Also, even if it did move... it couldn't touch both terminals at the same time. The strap won't conduct, and it is attached to eye bolts in non-conducting wood.
As a side note, on page one I said there were "Teething Problems" with my new engine. I don't think I ever explained them. They basically amounted to air in the fuel lines, and an oil leak. (cracked timing cover) She also tore the center out of the stock flexplate. To solve this issue of a weak link between a strong engine and strong trans... I had an ATS billet flexplate put in to link the two. There were two jumps in performance. The first was, of course, getting the new engine. The second came 2 long years later, when I got a new Cam Position Sensor. Dear Lord, there was a jump in driveability just as great as with the new engine. This kinda made me wish I had dropped an old 12 valve Cummins in it to keep it simple, but no arguments, she runs like a striped ape now, and I now carry a spare CPS just in case.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
New Red head steering box. I love it. Truck handles completely differently. Nice and tight for a 9,000lb beast. Gonna have to get used to it... yeah, It took me a couple days. I'm a cripple, have to work in short bursts.

jdinevens

Adventurer
New Red head steering box. I love it. Truck handles completely differently. Nice and tight for a 9,000lb beast. Gonna have to get used to it... yeah, It took me a couple days. I'm a cripple, have to work in short bursts.

Worth the money? I've been thinking about this guy for a long time....maybe the next part.....does it seem any stronger or just tighter? I was debating between this and hydro assist....

98dango

Expedition Leader
The red head box is a good up grade. I put one on my truck before it was mine love it. Even with my 35s I will be adding ram assist to my truck I do plan a 40" tire in the future.

D45

Explorer
The redhead boxes are good......but for my truck, I am going with the new Mopar HD box

My truck's steering box is shot also, 104,000 miles on it with 37s

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
The red head box is a good up grade. I put one on my truck before it was mine love it. Even with my 35s I will be adding ram assist to my truck I do plan a 40" tire in the future.

I am going with ram assist too. When I called red head, they told me they would not tap my box for hydro?

doofyskier

Now, the engine is strong as hell and has been pretty good since then with one exception... I can't use the wipers on the "interval" setting or she bucks and kicks. NOBODY has been able to figure this out. I use RainX and only turn them on low or high. PITA, but just can't get that one gremlin tracked down.

Try replacing your cam sensor with an original ford or international version. Same thing happened to me. There is a slight magnetic/electrical interference with the wiper motor and aftermarket CPS sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste