Super Duty camper build

I love my GSD too, but just because you have a GSD doesn't mean he cannot be also rescued. I got my JerryLee from the rescue I fostered dogs for and there are tons of good quality dogs needing homes.

Colorado_Outback, it looks like there is a Denver GSD rescue and a Colorado Rockies GSD.

Very sorry about the truck, I enjoyed following your build. What happened?

D45

Explorer
Glad you're ok

I bet that bumper might have saved your life, or saved you from being seriously hurt..........sheared the utility pole right off

What happened to the truck cap on the bed?

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I was coming home from a VA appointment in Indianapolis. (a 2 hr drive) About 15 minutes from home I got hit fast and hard with the most incredible gut pain I have ever felt. Way down deep in my bowels. At least an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. I broke out in a sweat, and got dizzy and weak. Then... everything went black. The truck went 3/4 of a mile on its own. It crossed to the left side of the road traveling through a corn field a ways. Then as it was coming back toward the highway, it snapped off two utility poles. The power lines caught the roof rack on the camper shell and ripped it apart. It crossed the road again and ended up smashing into the warehouse of a seed company. Now the Doc is trying to find out why I passed out, and I'm waiting to see what the insurance company thinks the truck is worth. No broke bones, and no stitches. God just ain't ready to call me home yet. They tried to blow me up in Iraq too, but that didn't take either. I'm a retired cripple, but I'm still hard to kill.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
By the way, my seatbelt buckle (red part) broke a while back and it won't snap in. I fixed it with 550 cord and a carabiner... and it held!

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
I was coming home from a VA appointment in Indianapolis. (a 2 hr drive) About 15 minutes from home I got hit fast and hard with the most incredible gut pain I have ever felt. Way down deep in my bowels. At least an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. I broke out in a sweat, and got dizzy and weak. Then... everything went black. The truck went 3/4 of a mile on its own. It crossed to the left side of the road traveling through a corn field a ways. Then as it was coming back toward the highway, it snapped off two utility poles. The power lines caught the roof rack on the camper shell and ripped it apart. It crossed the road again and ended up smashing into the warehouse of a seed company. Now the Doc is trying to find out why I passed out, and I'm waiting to see what the insurance company thinks the truck is worth. No broke bones, and no stitches. God just ain't ready to call me home yet. They tried to blow me up in Iraq too, but that didn't take either. I'm a retired cripple, but I'm still hard to kill.
Dang man, it is definitely not your time! Really sorry how this went and hope the Doc can provide some insight.

Really great to see you practically unscathed, just wow considering the sequence of events.

From a replacement standpoint, I've always been curious how something like this will run out. Like unless otherwise spelled out in the policy, limited to direct factory replacement or comparable. Hope you share that progress. (Probably a separate thread on this kind of topic around here, duh.)

You're a BAMF! Thanks for your service!

Seabass

Idiot
Man that sucks sooo bad! I agree that it's a shame about the truck, but your still here and that's all that matters. Now you get the joy of building another. I know for me it's just as fun putting one together as it is using it. I get to do "all the things I should have last time." Although I'm not sure what you could do better- it was super nice. Still though, glad you survived. I'll lift up a prayer or few in hopes that you get whatever caused the pain rectified.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Dang man, it is definitely not your time! Really sorry how this went and hope the Doc can provide some insight.

Really great to see you practically unscathed, just wow considering the sequence of events.

From a replacement standpoint, I've always been curious how something like this will run out. Like unless otherwise spelled out in the policy, limited to direct factory replacement or comparable. Hope you share that progress. (Probably a separate thread on this kind of topic around here, duh.)

You're a BAMF! Thanks for your service!

Insurance settlement isn't what I think is enough, so I will be buying it back to part out. Sucks because they towed it to their own yard 100 miles away. Not going to replace the truck right now. Just going for a normal car. If I can afford to get a new overland vehicle in the future I will, but if I can only have one vehicle I want something more every day friendly. I'm half cripple (walk with a cane) and to be honest, as much as I loved that big beast, it was getting to be a pain to climb in and out of every day. Thinking about something smaller like my son's 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Endeavor, then buy him a different truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste