Super Duty camper build

98dango

Expedition Leader
Thanks Wh1t3nukle that's the same link I used. Sorry it took me so long I was in the hills for 2 weeks.

D45

Explorer
Nice job

What size winch you going for?

I have been very impressed with my MileMarker 12K..........with 7/16" rope from Custom Splice

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Thanks. My goal is a Warn 16.5Ti, or at least a 12K. Gonna be at least Christmas before I get one. Being old and a cripple, I'm leaning towards the lighter synthetic rope.

D45

Explorer
I would never own a winch with steel cable

I love how useable and easy rope is to work with, and handle

The 16.5 would be nice, but it was way too much money for me

I settled for a used $350 12k Milemarker and it has worked very well

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I've never worked with anything other than steel cable on an Army truck. I know how heavy that was when I was strong, and I'm half crippled now, so synthetic it will be.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
You gotta stand on the tailgate to get it up there. That photo is from last summer. The spare is in the bed now. Yeah, tire on steel wheel is heavy, 108 pounds each. It was a pain to rotate tires, even on the driveway. I'd hate to need the spare on the trail. Plus, she's so tall, a tree branch caught the tire and broke one of my rack mounts. Future plans call for a new rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier. The rack will be mounted 3" lower with mounts right on the shell, and no load bars. As far as 37s go, I'd have to put a step on her to get in. She is sits just right now, as she is my only truck, a daily driver. I don't need her to be a pain to get in and out of. My wife already hates riding in the truck. She needs a step stool to get in and out. Plus it would kinda defeat going up as I loose rocker clearance with a step hanging down. Seriously considering sliders though.

Seabass

Idiot
You gotta stand on the tailgate to get it up there. That photo is from last summer. The spare is in the bed now. Yeah, tire on steel wheel is heavy, 108 pounds each. It was a pain to rotate tires, even on the driveway. I'd hate to need the spare on the trail. Plus, she's so tall, a tree branch caught the tire and broke one of my rack mounts. Future plans call for a new rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier. The rack will be mounted 3" lower with mounts right on the shell, and no load bars. As far as 37s go, I'd have to put a step on her to get in. She is sits just right now, as she is my only truck, a daily driver. I don't need her to be a pain to get in and out of. My wife already hates riding in the truck. She needs a step stool to get in and out. Plus it would kinda defeat going up as I loose rocker clearance with a step hanging down. Seriously considering sliders though.

You don't need a bumper- just a welder! I got a rear ranch hand too and welded up a spare tire carrier one evening. It works descent. I even left some room for a jerry can carrier on the other side- I just haven't taken time to make that yet.
b62344c157f811d13d484bbd09cd2482.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Good stuff in this thread. Thanks for posting it up, I'm currently cogitating about building my '99 F350 PSD too...as a slide in camper build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior