Expedition Truck Caps

PA Slammer

Observer
Has anyone here converted a truck cap into a camper? I've been looking at the A.R.E. tall caps with the rear door.

Roof top tent?

Slide out kitchen?

Is there a thread out there I'm missing?

PA Slammer

Maverick1701

Adventurer
there is a thread somewhere on here (I searched but couldnt remember the verbage on the title to find it) titled something like "show me your truck topper camping setups" or something to that effect.

It is a really informative thread with A LOT of pics.

also free bump!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Any idea which of the 16 pages has the cap, guess I missed it, lots of cabs/camper tops. My cap covers the bed at the top of the bed a fiberglass taneau cover. I'm tring to figure out how to use it as a sloping roof with hard sides and rear, lots of ways to do it, or easier doing soft sides.

Nice interior set ups in that thread, some can certainly be adopted even with a sloping roof.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Truck Caps

Hey,

If anyone is planning on sleeping in the back of your pickup/topper setup; consider spending the money to buy a Bedrug, it's worth the price and makes things much more comfortable. It's nice not to touch the cold steel of your bed and gives some insulation value, I love mine. I also used a twin mattress with flannel sheets for cold weather.

My setup is a 2000 F150 extended cab 4x4 w. 6 1/2ft bed; a Unicover construction topper with dual side lockers and dual back door, two fold down shelves/tray mounted to back doors for cooking. Also mounted 2ea rear facing light which can be used as backup lights or area lights.

quickfarms

Adventurer
When I was in college I had a truck set up with a platform above the wheel wells and I used a foam pad on top of the platform. The nice thing was the storage under the platform.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Any idea which of the 16 pages has the cap, guess I missed it, lots of cabs/camper tops. My cap covers the bed at the top of the bed a fiberglass taneau cover. I'm tring to figure out how to use it as a sloping roof with hard sides and rear, lots of ways to do it, or easier doing soft sides.

Nice interior set ups in that thread, some can certainly be adopted even with a sloping roof.

I always thought that it'd be sweet to re-do a FlipPac and instead of flipping it all the way out/flat, stop the deployment at an angle (acute angle at front of truck, large soft side at rear of truck), like my Autohome RTT(roof top tent) is, or like a reverse Westfalia Top;
DSCN0971-vi.jpg

This is definitely needed here in the rainy PacNW.
greyaccesstac1sm.jpg

http://adventuretrailers.com/flippac.html
Of course this wouldn't net as much sleeping space as the FlipPac is designed for now, but it could work for 1-2people perhaps.
I proposed this to Martin at AT Trailer when I was recently down there but supposedly there is not that much calling for this setup.
All it would take is a few hydraulic shocks like in the RTT's and the FlipPac would stay at your set/desired angle.

Is this what you're thinking of PA Slammer?

purdytj

seeker
For an interesting alternative check out www.tufport.com I saw one in person at Kanopy Kingdom in Fife, WA and thought it was super clean.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke