New BFG All Terrain Design?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Just mounted up our 1st set!

10412004_887080274644535_1443013823511767575_n.jpg
My friend just bought a lifted '96 4wd E-350. Could you tell me the rim and tire combo? He's got some D-rated Cooper 37's on there that are bogging it down. That combo looks fine.

fortel

Adventurer
Saw my first set in real life today...look better than expected. More and more convinced that they will be my next set of tires unless I start hearing a lot of bad reviews.

diggerline59

Enginerd
Got my set mounted on my 4Runner this weekend. So far they're handling the wet roads well, and giving me fairly minimal road noise. Can't wait to get out in the snow to test these out! I'm going from a Jeep JKU on 35" duratracs to this, so it will be interesting to see the differences.

20141221_095754.jpg

Ssyork

Got my set mounted on my 4Runner this weekend. So far they're handling the wet roads well, and giving me fairly minimal road noise. Can't wait to get out in the snow to test these out! I'm going from a Jeep JKU on 35" duratracs to this, so it will be interesting to see the differences.

View attachment 261165

Looks good, waiting to hear your snow review!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

diggerline59

Enginerd
diggerline59 what year 4 Runner do you have and what size tires are those? Thanks

I guess I need to update my profile with my new rig. It's a 2004 4runner SR5 V8. the tires are 275/70r17. I just put the Toytec boss lift on last weekend with the tires and am getting some rubbing on the front of the inner fender liners. between dialing up the lift on the coilovers and pushing the liner forward a bit, the rubbing should go away pretty simply. Let me know if you have any more questions!

PV Hiker

Observer
Thanks for getting back to me, I know the KO2 275/70r17 are out now and they are said to be a 32.2" tire. On my 2005 4Runner I have stock sized KO's 265/65r17 diameter 30.7". Looks like KO2 will not have my stock size and I'll wait until March release of 265/70r17 "E" diameter increase to 31.6" Little bit taller so my speedometer should not be off too much. You are only 1.5" overall larger diameter and 0.75" closer to the fender than stock sized, I don't see how you can rub the front inner liner unless you had really stuffed the tire forward hard? Thanks...

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
You are only 1.5" overall larger diameter and 0.75" closer to the fender than stock sized, I don't see how you can rub the front inner liner unless you had really stuffed the tire forward hard? Thanks...

In addition to being a taller tire, it's also wider. Compounding the issue is that the aftermarket wheels are wider and have a different offset, so when the wheels are steered the outer edge of the tire is swinging a bigger arc. Combine all those differences compared to stock, and it's no wonder his tires are rubbing.

PV Hiker

Observer
Yea I overlooked that measurement. Stock is 10.7" wide on 8' rim and the 275/70r17 is 11' wide on 8' rim. The section width is 0.3' wider than stock. Still not much but the rim width makes the difference. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dazrin

Adventurer
I am really hoping we start seeing some user reviews of the KO2s that have been put through some real-world testing soon (snow and ice performance please!), but until then Fourwheeler has a new review: http://www.fourwheeler.com/product-reviews/1502-bfgoodrich-all-terrain-ko2-tire-test-baja-proven/

Sounds like this is just a review based on the industry testing/trials BFG hosted earlier this year (Baja cars and Raptors), but it is still interesting.

A couple quotes:
We are happy to report that the on-road manners of the KO2 are every bit as good as the old tire’s, and the build quality is just what you would expect from BFGoodrich in terms of construction and balancing. This was to be expected. The performance on dirt roads is also very good, as we were soon pitching them into corners at speeds well above normal. Cornering traction in the dirt seems much improved over the previous tire, which had a tendency to wash out once traction broke loose and would not return until enough cornering momentum and speed had been scrubbed off. The KO2s were surefooted and confident in hard-pack dirt and did an great job of floating on loose dirt, silt, and sand without digging in like a mud tire would do.
Though BFGoodrich claims a 10 percent increase in mud traction, we’d be willing to bet it is actually a lot more. Though the performance is probably still short of what you’d get with a dedicated mud tire, the we feel the KO2’s mud performance was the most improved feature over the KO.

GDSQDCR

Adventurer
I just came back from Lake Tahoe area. Not a lot of snow at the lake but a decent amount at the higher elevations. No real off roading but plenty of ice and snow (no more than 8 inches deep). Never once put the truck in 4wd. I stopped and started on ice/snow with no issues. Granted I was not punching the pedal, but just applying the pedal slowly. Even on a slight incline, I had no issues.

I was happy how the new KO2 performed.

rlynch356

Defyota
These are going on the LC in the next 5k miles.. My KO's on the D90 have lasted a long time and are good/great offroad here (Never wanted for tires in other words..more Diff locks yes since i only have the center).

I had several pairs of the old

and I wan't that impressed. In fact the tires seemed to cup easily and this was on different vehicles. I had only a couple of flats from nails never any tire failures. It is interesting to note that on this website there is a write up on several of the popular at tires The old bf didn't fair to well. Ironically the falken did very well except the author thought that the mileage wasn't going to be that good. I have actually almost 76000 out of them and I am not down to the wear bars These are a 285 7017 on jeep jku rubicon. The thing is I have had them for so long I am kinda bored with them and the new BFG ko2 looks interesting and i hear they have a new size 34 x 10.50 coming out soon, Ijust hope they don't cup as badly as the old ones did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke