New BFG All Terrain Design?

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Found some pics of what looks to be the new BFG All Terrain. More aggressive sidewall and shoulder blocks. Looks like they're pushing the AT to be the more aggressive trail oriented AT with the Rugged Terrain tire being the more road oriented AT tire. Should compete better with Duratracs and ST Maxx tires.

All-New-BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-KO2--11--Baja-1000-Class-12-Car.jpg

All-New-BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-KO2--9--spare-tire.jpg

All-New-BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-KO2--7--sidewall-tread.jpg

Last edited:

98GP

Observer
I read the article over on FourWheeler where these pictures were clipped from. I guess they were spied at the Baja 1000 this past year.

It would be cool to see a 255/85R16 E size but I know I am wishful thinking.

tommudd

Explorer
Don't really look that much different just the side walls , they really need to step up and start making some new designs. They were a great tire back 20 years ago

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I sort of like the old school clean sidewall myself....I have never owned a set, but they look classy and work.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
i like the current tread design which i hope they dont change. not a fan of the new sidewall design. its to out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

craig333

Expedition Leader
I have the street version and in spite of the balance issues, they're wearing very well. Not to mention they havent' let me down off road yet.

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Additional Discussion/photos here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70976#pid868214

"The All-Terrain spotted at the 2013 Baja 1000 looks like a full production tire, meaning all of the numbers are on the sidewall, including what appears to be a DOT number. So what’s different? While the tread looks the same, it’s not. There are fewer sipes across the lugs and the lugs themselves appear to be shaped slightly different. A big change is the extra rubber and tread protecting the sidewall. We have no idea if the rubber compound or carcass construction is different than the previous generation BFG All Terrain, and the boys and girls at BFG have been pretty tight lipped and not returning our calls."

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
Don't really look that much different just the side walls , they really need to step up and start making some new designs. They were a great tire back 20 years ago

And they still are :)

^ agree. If it aint broke dont fix it.

I agree... Not only were they great 20 years ago they are STILL "THE" tire that everyone else chases and compares to. And honestly in this day and age of instant communication if there were any tire head and shoulders better they would become dominant. The BFG A/T just works. Rain or shine, snow or ice, mud, rock, desert. Arguably there is no other tire that is as good of an all around performer. AND durable/reliable. I hope they don't screw it up with cosmetics to compete against the Duratracks.

Desert Dan

Explorer
It looks good to me. The least on the outside look bigger and a maybe better channel for water to get pushed out.
Maybe they will have a stronger sidewall?

Tire design technology has come a long way in 20 years.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Thanks for the warning. Looks like I need to get a set of the tried and true ordered before they go out of production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94