Mountain State Overland - exploring and protecting appalachia

msoverland

Finally had time to work through the footage from last trip into southern WV and we'll be releasing the final cut next weekend. Until then, here's a teaser; cheers -

Tekel

Great videos! Its awesome to see someone in this region doing somethig like this.

I'm from Beckley, would love to see the route you took from pax to odd! I've done some riding between Pax and Cabin Creek. But never the opposite direction.

Also, if you plan any other travels in the region, i'd love to offer my camera skills for a trip.

msoverland

Great videos! Its awesome to see someone in this region doing somethig like this.

I'm from Beckley, would love to see the route you took from pax to odd! I've done some riding between Pax and Cabin Creek. But never the opposite direction.

Also, if you plan any other travels in the region, i'd love to offer my camera skills for a trip.

Thanks for the kind words Tekel! We ll have the tracks we traveled on that trip available on MSO website this weekend.

It was pretty gnarly!

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
I just caught up on all of your episodes! I enjoy the learning part of the trips. Seem's a bit different then X Overland's stuff (still good however). I just ordered a Coozie and a "...It's not car camping" decal from you guys. Im going to try and get the Afton - trail information too!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

msoverland

I just caught up on all of your episodes! I enjoy the learning part of the trips. Seem's a bit different then X Overland's stuff (still good however). I just ordered a Coozie and a "...It's not car camping" decal from you guys. Im going to try and get the Afton - trail information too!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Excellent and thanks for the support virginia_jeeper!

The builds have begun on the Tacoma and the 4Runner for Season 2 and we'll be back on the road and heading further south into Appalachia very soon!

6N1A8941.JPG

Last edited:

smlobx

Wanderer
Just found this thread and am so glad I did!
I'm just south of you at SML and just getting into Overlanding. Trying to figure out about a vehicle...
I'm glad to see we don't have to drive 2000 miles to have some fun.
Hope to see you guys on the trail somewhere!

Eddie

msoverland

No kidding?! You're super close. Probably even the same county as one of the guys on the team. Lots of good rigs to be found in our area. Give Blue Ridge Overland Gear a shout if you're thinking about a Cruiser; Matt knows his stuff and has two of them. And you're right, there's tons of miles to be had on off-pavement in Appalachia.

Just found this thread and am so glad I did!
I'm just south of you at SML and just getting into Overlanding. Trying to figure out about a vehicle...
I'm glad to see we don't have to drive 2000 miles to have some fun.
Hope to see you guys on the trail somewhere!

Eddie

msoverland

A little update - the Tacoma and 4Runner builds are near completion rolling into Season 2; just a few more items to wrap up. To fill the void, we've been filming our build and we've already released our first of a series of backcountry cooking shorts. Jamie's a damn good cook and we felt like it was time for him to shine; plus he's great on camera! Tune into to catch Jamie in action -

And double fistbumps to Matt at Blue Ridge Overland Gear for lending his shop and tools to work on the 4Runner. With with over 14 years and 150K miles on our 3rd Gen, there was a bit of cutting, torching, breaking and welding to be done. Cheers!

So where are we going first for 2015? Let's just say we've got to give the trucks a worth test run before we go too far from home ;-)

doubleroses

Adventurer
Hey guys! I just saw your videos on Youtube. It's nice to see fellow Overlanders out on the East Coast.

Do you plan on doing any major trips up north or out west?

Are you guys planning on going to any of the Overland Expo's on the East Coast?

I know you guys probably get asked this a lot but are you guys looking for a 100 Series Land Cruiser or 2013 Tacoma to join your group? :D

nocensorbo

Observer
I knew you all had to be on here, just needed to come across you.Great to see I have some videos to watch while on my trip, that is, if I have service.
16433559573_cf15c54c15_c.jpg

msoverland

Happy Easter EXPO and it's time to surface once again as the temps hear in southern Appalachia begin to climb!

Back in February we released what will become a regular feature throughout the year - food! Our team cook, Jamie (probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet), has pulled together some fun, easy recipes to step up our menu at camp this year. Jamie will be sharing some of his tips in a regular backcountry cooking spot coined "Field Recipes." If you care to take look, here's a link -

Greenbrier Offroad Adventures in White Sulphur Springs, WV invited us over a few weeks ago to put the trucks through the ringer. Although GOA is a closed course, they open their gates for the Jeep Jamboree in the Fall. I can honestly say I was expecting some flexing and maybe a couple sticky situations, but wow, did they give us a show! It was an epic trip and a great opportunity to see the trucks in action after spending so much time working on them over the past few months.

6N1A0194.JPG

Last weekend we hit the road armed with some new adventure routes that we've been working on. Once we've had a chance to make a few modifications, we'll post it! This little stretch will be added to the existing network of great roads that we've traveled since we kicked this adventure off just over a year and a half ago.

Cheers from the Team and happy trails to each of you that are anxiously awaiting campfires and dirt between your toes.

IMG_6963.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz