Presentation of my 2000 Nissan Terrano II

barbas4runner

Luis Barbas
Hello everyone,

after selling my 1991 4Runner, i bought this 2000 Nissan Terrano II.
I think it's not a known model in the US. Is that true?

Well, i decided to present my new rig.
Here are some pictures in the beginning:

DSC_0045.JPGDSC_0046.JPG

And now, with the new roof rack:
DSC_0423.JPGDSC_0426.JPGDSC_0436.JPGDSC_0438.JPG

So, what do you think?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I like it! What are the specs? We don't have them here in North America.

Does it have a transfer case? What is the driveline? Fully independent suspension? IFS?

bushnut

Adventurer
the Terrano in North America is called the Pathfinder, both WD21 and R50, only real difference was body styling and the availability of a diesel engine.
nice truck BTW

mortonm

Expedition Leader
the Terrano in North America is called the Pathfinder, both WD21 and R50, only real difference was body styling and the availability of a diesel engine.
nice truck BTW

I knew some were. This is the same underneath as an R50 ? Looks a lot different.

barbas4runner

Luis Barbas
Hi again everyone,

well, it's mostly like bushnut says: In Portugal and Europe we have the Pathfinder wd21, but it's called Terrano I.
There are 2 models: 3 doors and 5 doors using the same wheel base:
View attachment 202991View attachment 202992

After this model, around 1994, appears this model called Nissan Terrano II, using exactly the same engine 2.7 turbo Diesel, 100 hp.
There are 2 models: 3 doors short wheel base and 5 doors long wheel base:
First Terrano II.jpgFirst Terrano II_Short wheel base.jpg

Then, around 1996/97 born the second generation of Terrano II, using the same engine, but with an inter-cooler. The front is the biggest modification.
There are also 2 models: 3 doors short wheel base and 5 doors long wheel base:
Second Terrano II_Long wheel base.jpgSecond Terrano II_Short wheel base.jpg

At last, but not least, around 2000, born the third generation of Terrano II: New body modifications and the same base engine 2.7 turbo Diesel, but with 125 hp.
There are also 2 models: 3 doors short wheel base and 5 doors long wheel base, like mine:
Third version Terrano II_Short wheel base.jpg

Now just for curiosity...
In the first and second generations of Terrano II, the Ford was selling exactly the same cars, just with different names and logos, of course:

The first generation of Ford Maverick:
first Maverick.jpg

And the second generation of Ford Maverick:
second Maverick.JPG

Well, I hope it's understandable!

barbas4runner

Luis Barbas
Hi again everyone!

From the last time I post pictures here, my Nissan Terrano II have some "evolutions"...
I put some paint in the bumpers and some glow in the body.

So it have a better look now:

20140913_185224~2.jpg

And here witn the new tires BF Goodrich:

Antes.jpg

And a Photoshop planning the new wheels' colour: BLACK!

Depois.jpg

Allof75

Pathfinder
That looks pretty neat! I like the idea of a small, economical 4x4. I'm guessing it has IFS in the front and a solid axle out back?

barbas4runner

Luis Barbas
Yes Allof75,

In Europe we have to think "small" e economical, because the fuel prices are very high...

And yes, the Terrano II is IFS in the front and solid axle in the back, but there are a few with solid axle in the front too.

sweety

Observer
Nice MK3 Terrano you've got:) i've got a MK4 version which has a different front bumper & the revamped interior

Yes Allof75,

In Europe we have to think "small" e economical, because the fuel prices are very high...

And yes, the Terrano II is IFS in the front and solid axle in the back, but there are a few with solid axle in the front too.

Any Terrano II (R20) with a solid front axle will have had it custom fitted as Nissan never built the R20 that way & from what i've read up on the conversion you don't really gain much extra articulation than the standard IFS set up

barbas4runner

Luis Barbas
And now, can you see them?

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0880.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg