97 F-350 CCLB build:

gtbensley

Explorer
Sounds like you are a busy guy! I am not sure what your busy time consists of work wise......but I do not envy you from the sounds of it.
I have a 95 e350 with the 7.3 so I understand what you are saying of the era ford. They are great vehicles and hard to beat value to performance and cost of ownership.
Thank you for the update and pictures.

Seabass

Idiot
real- Dang man, I'm flattered. I didn't realize anybody was that interested in my old trucks. But like all truck/off-road/out door enthusiasts I'm never really done with my projects. I don't want to come off as an attention whore either. But I've got a few pics I can post later of some small changes. I really appreciate the interest. I'll do a better job of updating my threads. Thanks.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
real- Dang man, I'm flattered. I didn't realize anybody was that interested in my old trucks. But like all truck/off-road/out door enthusiasts I'm never really done with my projects. I don't want to come off as an attention whore either. But I've got a few pics I can post later of some small changes. I really appreciate the interest. I'll do a better job of updating my threads. Thanks.

I like all your trucks. The best part is that you use them, keep the photos coming.

Seabass

Idiot
Well, I said I'd post some pics. So I got me a new horse-
7e9ce04045c8c00fa159e6b7771fafb4.jpg
b7596519959933cc6fae28cd0f22df69.jpg
Meet Thunder. He's a shire(draft) thoroughbred cross. He weighs just over a ton....literally. So I decided it would be nice if I could leave the diesel hooked up to the slightly used three horse slant trailer I bought. Off with the shell! I swear- if I had a dollar for every time is switched this truck up.... Anyway- I had a pretty nice headache rack on my Dodge dually. I figured it'd be sweet on the diesel. So I modified it and mounted it to the Ford. Wasn't a big job. Just needed new bases welded to it so it would fit nice and tight on its new home.
9d2c09935d98506e9e9539afef771e81.jpg
eb8c8e080e926e7182ad68a04b631a68.jpg
It also had some pretty nifty work lights that I wasted no time hooking up. This led to more fancy light up switches in the cab.
c6848a8429d6145b7ce1eb565de4504d.jpg
i also put a back-up camera on. Very handy!
7ba1fa48be76c250f71170b0bc6ebf2d.jpg
b2757516f0d4129c86cd6dc230a482fa.jpg
I did some work to the trailer, tires, paint, etc....
4f33706d319781a04bfb0cb799658b89.jpg
I'll try to nab a pic of the two hooked up all nice and pretty. The trailer has a un-finished dressing room. Plenty of room for a queen mattress and a shower, even a stove. I still have all the solar stuff from my slide in......can you say "project!?!!"

Last edited:

Trailboss

Senior Curmudgeon
Love those draft/TB crosses, we have several. English saddle and double bridle or Aussie saddle and reins and lead rope? I have English, Western and Aussie saddles and actually have a more secure seat in the English saddle.

I also have a '96 7.3 CC - Wish I could buy my truck new again. It has 380K miles, mostly towing horse or other trailers, and just keeps chugging along even though I abuse it like a rented mule.

Seabass

Idiot
Love those draft/TB crosses, we have several. English saddle and double bridle or Aussie saddle and reins and lead rope? I have English, Western and Aussie saddles and actually have a more secure seat in the English saddle.

I also have a '96 7.3 CC - Wish I could buy my truck new again. It has 380K miles, mostly towing horse or other trailers, and just keeps chugging along even though I abuse it like a rented mule.

Trailboss- that pic was my inaugural ride in my new Aussie saddle. I had it made to fit Thunder's "whiskey barrel" physique. It's my first. I always rode western till I got him. I'd sat in Aussies in the past and swore I'd own one the next time I bought a saddle. So I did. I'm pretty happy. I really like the seat. And that's a lead rope you see under the reigns. It was a quick ride behind our house. I had several "adjustments" to make. The stirrups were way to long- even looks it in the pic. Such are the woes of lining out new tack. And I love my old diesel. It just hit 150k. I'm confident it has many more miles and years left. Thanks for the interest, and the compliments.

Seabass

Idiot
Life. It sure is a fickle thing. A year ago I owned a slide-in camper and an 18' bumper pull camper. I sold the slide-in to a really close friend. Then this summer I sold the bumper pull, and tonight I bought the slide-in back. It never left my backyard. I liked it and I'm really happy to have it back. It's an easy keeper, and far more suited to my style of camping. I tell you- camp grounds ain't for me. I'll take a secluded hill side or mountain trail any day. Just thought I'd up-date. I've got some rot to repair in the slide-in. It sat for a year under a tarp, but some water made it to the floor and damaged a small spot by the door. I am also considering putting pallet boards down for flooring. I don't intend to part company with the slide in any time soon.....at least until I can find a deal on a FWC. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT AIN'T HAPPENIG!

Seabass

Idiot
What kind of slide in?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It's a Jayco pop up. 8'. I documented the purchase and all the work I did to it earlier in the build. Probably a couple pages back. It's nothing grand- but it's bones are good and it works. All it really needs, aside from the small floor repair, is a new fridge and the solar system installed. I actually already have the solar, I bought it for this camper but never put it on. It's been sitting behind my couch for well over a year now.
0feb3c4135e4948a202907393d4d15fc.jpg
Found a pic way back in the line.

Ole Nasty

Observer
It's a Jayco pop up. 8'. I documented the purchase and all the work I did to it earlier in the build. Probably a couple pages back. It's nothing grand- but it's bones are good and it works. All it really needs, aside from the small floor repair, is a new fridge and the solar system installed. I actually already have the solar, I bought it for this camper but never put it on. It's been sitting behind my couch for well over a year now.
0feb3c4135e4948a202907393d4d15fc.jpg
Found a pic way back in the line.
That looks WAY nicer than what I recently picked up
a4cd5b2e97918fefbf1351821f6561ec.jpg

83d717af0ef1abcea9632990dfe65cd4.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz