Sleep setup 2 adult 2 baby

cristiano

Hy, i have 2 baby (4, 1 years) and i would like to go camping

Where is your sleep set-up?
Tent to ground, roof tent?

With tent ground is more long and occupies more space in car, with roof tent is more speed but unconfortable in 4 person (maggiolina, overland,columbus)

Any ideas?

tks

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
ground tent is the least expensive way to start camping and the kids will have a place to nap during the day and go in & out of easily.

With a roof tent you will pay alot for something big enough and then always be worried about them climbing up or down the ladder or falling out.

Not sure what you have available in Italy but I am sure you can find something like the family tent we use...an REI Hobitat & cots.
9941300_81775_full.jpg

With a couple of cots you can store stuff under to save space and let the kids sleep on air pads on the ground level (since kids roll around all the time).

Most important though is to post some pics & trip reports when you get going :)

Chuck59

Observer
I agree with 1leglance. On the ground tents are the way to start out, particularly with young children. Way less expensive and plenty of gear available to keep it comfortable and safe for the family.

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
Get a nice rei,coleman,of eureka ground tent. Use sleeping pads rather than air mattress to keep you insulated and warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles