Observer
Email me with any questions.
mileage-4X,XXX
Xlnt condition
$70K
102_1201.jpg102_1215.jpg

Racingdad

Adventurer
Prior ad from 8/2013 http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/115048-Fuso-For-Sale?highlight=Fuso had limited information. Older ad from Lee still on the archives contains more information and pictures: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/89422-2007-Fuso-FG-Camper-for-Sale. Please don't unnecessarily contact Lee for information. Last time I found an ad on this vehicle it was on the XP Camper site. I posted it on the forum and Lee got pounded with email requests.

I would be interested to know what additional mods have been done since then as the sale price is now higher. The vehicle looks great and would like to see more detailed pictures. I always liked this Fuso. GLWS!

Tad

Racingdad

Adventurer
From the August post:
"The truck is in No. Cal. 50 miles above S.F. in Sonoma Co.
Mileage is 38,227. There is nothing wrong with the truck, it's being sold because of medical issues.
I have the new para-bolic springs and shocks from All Terrain Warriors but they are not installed yet.
The price is $70K with the ATW springs or $65K without the springs."

Looks like the mileage has gone up a bit since then.

olsurfer

Observer
Mileage is 42,XXX
I put in a larger Norcold stainless 2-way frig, new Moen stainless double sink and heavy duty faucet.
Two new Lifeline 250 amp hr batts with 240 volt solar panel and 40 watt MPPT controller.
When I got the rig from Lee there was a problem with the grey water tank which I have since fixed.
The AllTerrainWarriors para-bolic springs are not installed, and they cost $6K and change.
With what I paid for the rig plus upgrades, I'm losing money at this price.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Sorry to hear you are having medical problems and I hope that your past travel adventures help sustain you through tougher times.

BTW, regarding your "With what I paid for the rig plus upgrades, I'm losing money at this price," you are simply in the same boat as most all sellers. We buy a nice rig, spend money to fix it up to so it meets our specific needs, than later realize a $$$ loss upon the re-sale.

Someone here on the forum has a signature something like, "It is not how much you add to a rig, it is how much it adds to your life..."

A good thought to focus on as we get older and each move on to other challenges in our lives.

olsurfer

Observer
I am not in the same boat.
I have had many collector cars in the past and I usually break-even on buying/selling vehicles.
I couldn't afford not to, and now is no different, even more so.
I didn't really get a chance to use the truck and owning things have not added to my life, people did!
My good thought to focus on as I get "older" is...... thanks to obamacare, my insurance dropped me as of today and to get similar coverage thru the "AFFORDABLE CARE act" I will have to pay twice as much for less coverage. What a joke!
I need to quickly get rid of all the crap and cars I have accumulated over the years and make the money last till I drop. That's my challenge

Sorry to hear you are having medical problems and I hope that your past travel adventures help sustain you through tougher times.

BTW, regarding your "With what I paid for the rig plus upgrades, I'm losing money at this price," you are simply in the same boat as most all sellers. We buy a nice rig, spend money to fix it up to so it meets our specific needs, than later realize a $$$ loss upon the re-sale.

Someone here on the forum has a signature something like, "It is not how much you add to a rig, it is how much it adds to your life..."

A good thought to focus on as we get older and each move on to other challenges in our lives.

Last edited:

docmaas

Adventurer
I sent you a pm last night but haven't heard back. What is your email address.

Sorry to hear about your obamacare problems; wish you the best in the new year and on.

Mike

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Mileage is 42,XXX
I put in a larger Norcold stainless 2-way frig, new Moen stainless double sink and heavy duty faucet.
Two new Lifeline 250 amp hr batts with 240 volt solar panel and 40 watt MPPT controller.
When I got the rig from Lee there was a problem with the grey water tank which I have since fixed.
The AllTerrainWarriors para-bolic springs are not installed, and they cost $6K and change.
With what I paid for the rig plus upgrades, I'm losing money at this price.

I understand your your pain, but that's the way it goes - these things are never worth what you put into them.

The intersection of 1. people that would like a vehicle like this one, and 2. people who have the ability to write a check for a vehicle like this is very, very, very small. Much smaller than the collector car market.

And those people are probably deal hunting and understand the leverage that they have.

I don't mean to discourage you, but a vehicle like this needs to be broadly and actively marketed to sell at a decent price/reasonable timeframe.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Nothing like a for sale ad without even the location listed or details to support the asking price....

is there a remote possibility of you buying, or are you just kicking tires and bitching while at it? its a custom camper 4wd fuso, so its not like he posted a beat up old jeep for too much money. why bust his balls?

he has a price, as per the rules, and he said "email me". so, why bring it here? why didnt you email him if its really that important to you?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Hey folks, y'all need to chill out just a wee bit, doncha think?

Come on, you know (if you're not a newbie) that a part of the function of this whole forum is an implicit solicitation of advice and opinions from other members. Tire kickers and lookie loos are more than welcome here.

This forum was never intended to just be another CL type of FSBO forum for flippers and profit seekers (yeah, I know that'll get some heat).

The function of the Expo Portal is much more than that, and the sharing of knowledge and useful opinions from others is a key part of why we come to these pages.

I believe that many of us members do consider it helpful to Sellers to get price/value imput from other Expo members, especially when trying to sell unique rigs like this custom Fuso.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
is there a remote possibility of you buying, or are you just kicking tires and bitching while at it? its a custom camper 4wd fuso, so its not like he posted a beat up old jeep for too much money. why bust his balls?

he has a price, as per the rules, and he said "email me". so, why bring it here? why didnt you email him if its really that important to you?

Hopefully to be helpful by giving some feedback on the marketing of this fine machine. That's my intent whenever I post in the for sale threads - even though I might not have personal interest, I have enough people ask me about my truck that I like to know what Fusos are available so I can refer them. I'd like to see enough information presented to be able to reliably render some sort of an opinion when folks ask me.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Is there a link to the build on this vehicle and more photos? I was not able to find much detail on it on the links above.
What is the running weight and available payload?
Average travel MPG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94