Aussie Expo Portal - Annual Gathering 2014?

4x4coaster

Adventurer
That should grab some attention!

has there ever been a gathering of Expedition Portal members in Australia?

does anyone know of plans for one?

While it is great to read about members' trips and their project builds and modifications, you can't beat a large gathering where everyone can mingle and chat about their rigs while checking out what others have done/built.

Perhaps somewhere like central outback NSW where members all up the eastern side can attend, and the keen western state members as well of course.
I'm sure any large or even small regional town would be happy to have dozens of RV's turn up for a weekend or longer and be happy to help with organisation of venue, portable loo's, showers etc and maybe even providing food vendors.

CMCA do this every year at venues all over Australia so there must be many suitable places, maybe they would provide a list of past venues?

I'm not proposing that it needs or should be as big as their gathering, but who knows where it may lead?

comments invited!

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
That should grab some attention!

has there ever been a gathering of Expedition Portal members in Australia?

does anyone know of plans for one?

While it is great to read about members' trips and their project builds and modifications, you can't beat a large gathering where everyone can mingle and chat about their rigs while checking out what others have done/built.

Perhaps somewhere like central outback NSW where members all up the eastern side can attend, and the keen western state members as well of course.
I'm sure any large or even small regional town would be happy to have dozens of RV's turn up for a weekend or longer and be happy to help with organisation of venue, portable loo's, showers etc and maybe even providing food vendors.

CMCA do this every year at venues all over Australia so there must be many suitable places, maybe they would provide a list of past venues?

I'm not proposing that it needs or should be as big as their gathering, but who knows where it may lead?

comments invited!

Yeah.....we tried to get one off the ground in 2013 but just ran out of time....really hoping to kick it off this year.

There was some suggestion of combining in with Mogfest but I think it would be better as a separate venue. The general consensus so far was to run it up at Inskip so interstate visitors could head over to Fraser for an extended holiday and so that people still building their vehicles or researching gear could still attend in two wheel drive cars.

There are a couple of Expo members based in Brisbane who are already keen to help with the planning. Another venue suggested was Landcruiser Mountain Park.

Merry New Year.

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Yeah.....we tried to get one off the ground in 2013 but just ran out of time....really hoping to kick it off this year.

There was some suggestion of combining in with Mogfest but I think it would be better as a separate venue. The general consensus so far was to run it up at Inskip so interstate visitors could head over to Fraser for an extended holiday and so that people still building their vehicles or researching gear could still attend in two wheel drive cars.

There are a couple of Expo members based in Brisbane who are already keen to help with the planning. Another venue suggested was Landcruiser Mountain Park.

Merry New Year.

I'm sure either of those venues would be great, lets hope it gets off the ground this year, I'm sure there will be enough patronage to make it a success and an event that could grow every year!

keep us posted!!!!!!

Goldanfish

Observer
-Aussie-Expo-Portal-Annual-Gather

Great idea. I'm sure there's plenty of interested Aussie Expo-Portal members interested in something along those lines.

Cant see why we cant have a Chapter - Club in each State. Saves a lot of travel for people, if your not planning to go that way where ever the Meet is Interstate.

Probably get more interested members each State more often.

After seeing 5th Wheeler clubs and Motorhome clubs trying to combine with one another from Interstate.

A lot of people will meet State wise, but are reluctant to travel Interstate for various reasons eg; Timewise and other travel plans that clash etc.

Just my 2 Bobs worth.
John

whatcharterboat

Great idea. I'm sure there's plenty of interested Aussie Expo-Portal members interested in something along those lines.

Cant see why we cant have a Chapter - Club in each State. Saves a lot of travel for people, if your not planning to go that way where ever the Meet is Interstate.

Probably get more interested members each State more often.

After seeing 5th Wheeler clubs and Motorhome clubs trying to combine with one another from Interstate.

A lot of people will meet State wise, but are reluctant to travel Interstate for various reasons eg; Timewise and other travel plans that clash etc.

Just my 2 Bobs worth.
John

Hi John

We were thinking of something more substantial than just a get together. More like an Aussie version of the Overland Expo held in Arizona . That's obviously the biggest Expedition Portal gathering in America but its so much more than that...somewhere for vendors to display, instructors doing workshops, seminars, everyone camping in their vehicles onsite, really relaxed atmosphere, etc.

Regards
John.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
This would be interesting. We had a gathering of two people when I met John earlier in 2013 if that counts as a gathering. :)

whatcharterboat

This would be interesting. We had a gathering of two people when I met John earlier in 2013 if that counts as a gathering. :)

Gidday Pierre

Mate, should have come to the ATW Open Day. I think we had about a dozen Expo members attend....it was almost a convention!!!
haha.

Best wishes for the new year to you.
Regards
John

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
That is a great idea! I myself hope to be in Australia this year at some point...discussing with Martyn (Africa-Overland) about the Simpson Desert in the fall or the spring...

:)

grimbo

Explorer
Depends on when and where but will stay tuned for details.

Any Victorians going to Wandin in Feb and want to meet up

Landroverholic

Observer
Hey Guys

Count me in depending on where and when.

I can put together a talk on Wilderness First related to 4WD and Adventure motorcycling if that would help?

Will keep my eyes on this thread as just happened across it.

Regards

Callum

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
We are kicking off our Australian travels from Brisbane in a week before heading South. Any more interest I getting together in Brisbane or surrounding areas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles