The Perfect End to a Very Fat Year

Whereas other bikes are designed in some way to squeeze out every ounce of performance, a fat bike is mostly about capability and fun. They'll go nearly anywhere, and in the process, make you grin ear to ear. They are slower, although not as slow as you'd think, but they open up a world of terrain...if you have it available to you. They're surprisingly good bikepacking platforms for some terrain as well.

Exactly, it's my happy bike. It's impossible for me to be in a bad mood when I'm riding my fat bike. The other interesting thing is that people are fascinated by them. Bikers, hikers, skiers, ATV'ers, they all want to ask me questions about the fat tires.

steve c

Adventurer
Whereas other bikes are designed in some way to squeeze out every ounce of performance, a fat bike is mostly about capability and fun. They'll go nearly anywhere, and in the process, make you grin ear to ear. They are slower, although not as slow as you'd think, but they open up a world of terrain...if you have it available to you. They're surprisingly good bikepacking platforms for some terrain as well.

They're not slower if the "other" bikes can't go where my fatbike goes!

Great photos/story.

Fat bikes RULE!

img18311c.jpg

cdtv.jpg

Airspeed

Great thread! This is my first post on ExPo. Looking to mount a Surly fatbike to my 4Runner in the near future. Didn't even know they existed until today. They seem to make perfect sense as an all-around good bike to have.

Now it's time to figure out which one suits me best!

Looking forward to posting pictures and stories in the future, on my fat bike!

Mr. D

Adventurer
rode a fat bike once it was fun when my turner 5 spot stops rolling I would
like to consider a fat bike

thanks for the pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier