recommendations for emergecy credit cards

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
A credit card is only worth having if you actively use it and pay it off. I learned this the hard way years ago when I needed to use a card that resided in a drawer strictly for emergency use. Lighting struck and I attempted to use it, only to find that it had been closed due to inactivity. That was a crappy Sunday in the middle of nowhere waiting to get the issue resolved the following business day (before we 24hr everything).

I now try to keep a card that is used for crap I'd be buying anyways with cash and pay it off each month. This keeps the card open and builds credit history which helps in a truly bad event when you need a large amount of unsecured credit beyond that of a reasonable credit limit. If you have been a decent and active user of their services they can extend your credit line further and more quickly than if they know little about your ability to manage debt. Cash still has its place in the world, but it can also serve to attract a lot of unwanted attention too. IMHO checks are nearly irrelevant these days unless they're certified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne