Turtleback Trailer Build

MC4X4

Observer
Cool Trailer, How stable is the awning when it is up ? Is there much movement in the actuators?
cheers MC

Luke111

Observer
Cool Trailer, How stable is the awning when it is up ? Is there much movement in the actuators?
cheers MC

It's very stable, in the photo I have it extended to full length which is higher then I can reach..It only needs to be extended about 4-5 inches which puts it about 7FT...I have yet to have it in windy conditions but with the plate mounts and each actuator rated at 100LBS I don't see any issues.

Luke111

Observer
I have yet to purchased a panel for the trailer to keep the trailer battery charged...the controller is wired and ready. I do have a GOAL ZERO Escape 30 Solar Panel Briefcase...that i may use if it will work. I'll admit I know very little about solar...Any advise in that area?

image-3668853554.jpgimage-3919832098.jpg

Petrolburner

Explorer
I have yet to purchased a panel for the trailer to keep the trailer battery charged...the controller is wired and ready. I do have a GOAL ZERO Escape 30 Solar Panel Briefcase...that i may use if it will work. I'll admit I know very little about solar...Any advise in that area?

View attachment 226755View attachment 226756

Use BIG wires in the shortest run possible from the panel to the controller, and short wires from the controller to the battery. Crank the volts up on the controller so that you're getting 14.8 to the battery so that the battery can get fully charged and not just 80%. Then use the electricity like it's freely raining down from the sky, because it is :sombrero: You can read until your heart's content on this blog but here's a quick start http://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/rv-solar-quick-answer/

Is that a 2UZ-FE in your LandCruiser? Same as I have in my Tundra, what a fun motor. Loves to rev.

I love the Turtleback logo too, nicely done.

Last edited:

Luke111

Observer
Use BIG wires in the shortest run possible from the panel to the controller, and short wires from the controller to the battery. Crank the volts up on the controller so that you're getting 14.8 to the battery so that the battery can get fully charged and not just 80%. Then use the electricity like it's freely raining down from the sky, because it is :sombrero: You can read until your heart's content on this blog but here's a quick start http://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/rv-solar-quick-answer/

Is that a 2UZ-FE in your LandCruiser? Same as I have in my Tundra, what a fun motor. Loves to rev.

I love the Turtleback logo too, nicely done.

Thanks...for the information and the link.. That is a 2UZ-FE... Slee did the conversion and I picked it up in March... drove to Phoenix for the trailer and then back to Va.... You are right it loves to rev.
Dave and his team at Turtleback do fantastic work and have relationships with great companies to create these trailers. I spent two days in Phoenix while they finished my trailer and got a chance to visit the aluminum fabrication company with Dave... I know Dave is constantly improving his trailers and searching for new things to add...

Lou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luke111

Observer
I sold my trailer last month.....decided it wasn't going to get used to much. and I would not change a thing.. Compared to whats available this trailer is packed with standard features and a list of great options...with a unmatched price. Dave is easy to work with and very open to adding just about anything you can think of....Like the actuator awning lifts and Monstalining my nose box and leading faces of the side boxes

ANDYROO

Adventurer
If you ever want to take an up close and personal look at our Turtleback we live in Carlsbad, so just give us a holla.

Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz