Drawer system hardware?

SGTCap

Adventurer
I've seen a lot of really cool hardware on the drawer system thread. I was thinking it would be very helpful to have a single thread with links to some of the hardware people have used successfully in their builds. It seems like tracking down all the little bits and pieces is one of the most time consuming parts of the process and one that the success or failure is hinged on 9no pun intended).

So if anyone has links to the hardware they used, such as drawer slides, hinges, latches, bolts ect please feel free to share them. Even the decking material would be helpful. I for one learned that the 5 ply hardwood plywood at Lowes will delaminate in a few weeks, even when covered in Raptor Liner. Steer clear.

Thanks

quickfarms

Adventurer
For the plywood. Marine plywood is the best but it costs more. Home Depot has a nice medium priced sanded plywood that works well. I use 3/4" plywood and screw and glue each joint. The key to using wood is to seal it with either epoxy, marine varnish or floor rated polyurethane. Another option to seal the wood is marine paint. I seal the wood to stop the deterioration, delimitation and splinters plus it makes it look finished.

Most of my hardware is marine hardware.

The tool boxes in my work truck are 7 years old and still look great except for the front of one tool compartment that the tools have damaged the finish.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Subscribed. May be re designing my storage/sleeping platform or may be buying a new vehicle soon so will need this. Great idea!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Knape & Vogt also make a very cool heavy duty locking slide. It has a push/pull locking mechanism.
Also, McMaster Carr has just about any and everything you could need/want for building anything.

SGTCap

Adventurer
Thanks for giving me a place to start. There inventory is huge though so if you have links to anything specific that would be even better.

hoser

Explorer
If you like the ARB Outback slam handles, you could probably get them from ARB USA. You can certainly get them from the original manufacture Outback 4wd Interiors in OZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier