2004 F150 Build

cobbsteve14

I was really excited to find your post I have the exact same truck I just purchased except mines an 07 but other than that they are the same. Anyhow I've been looking for ideas now I have some thank you.

super04duty

Observer
I also just bought a very similar truck. (cough, Raul B, cough).... its an 07, 5.4 XL, I love the rubber floor.... its my work truck/daily driver, so my F350 can be come more of our full time off-road camper truck... loving it so far.

jusnicho

Observer
Got the front lift on this weekend. Busted some knuckles, but went pretty smoothly.
876300cba75549f690a1fca04902a279.jpg

de47da5d877d3d5c2bcaf34b1959e1c9.jpg

72199ba0ebe922a1b5a0433bf1acd592.jpg

Last edited:

ttravis5446

Adventurer
Man, I've really been missing my 2006 and 2010 F150's lately and reading this thread doesnt help. Haha. Sometimes the F250 and diesel is too much.

pinkninja

More than likely the snorkel kit will have to be custom made. Is it a 5.4 or a 4.6? Make sure you check the IWE and if you have a 5.4 and have to replace the plugs get a lisle tool it will save your ***. Good luck and nice truck.

Ain't that the truth. I learned that one the hard way.
I also learned when the poorly designed cam phasers let go it'll cause all sort of problems. 1 broken cam and row of bent valves and smashed pistons. Then came the $2000 worth of just timing parts....

Sorry for the irrelevant rant.

jusnicho

Observer
Ain't that the truth. I learned that one the hard way.
I also learned when the poorly designed cam phasers let go it'll cause all sort of problems. 1 broken cam and row of bent valves and smashed pistons. Then came the $2000 worth of just timing parts....

Sorry for the irrelevant rant.

This is my second f150 in this body style. I've had the 4.6 both times. A little less power, but a much more proven engine than the 5.4 IMO. Only issues I've had are the coil packs.

jusnicho

Observer
It'll be a nexus tablet to replace my head unit. Linking it to my odb ii Bluetooth adapter for engine stats. I get a mifi for work so I can stream all my music and use my Google play music for out of service times. Already bought compact amp to mount behind dash. I'll write it all up in a couple weeks when all the parts come in.

Dashboard Nav will greatly reduce my dash clutter.

jusnicho

Observer
Treadwright Review

I have had the treadwrights on for about 2 weeks now. I have had really great results off road with them. The traction is way better than my previous Firestone tires. I went with the AT tread instead of the MT for tread wear. These tires should get me through the next 40k miles. The only issue I have is balancing. It was more an issue with the tire shop I used. You have to statically balance these things or you'll get shaken to death. First tire shop said they couldn't be balanced. The second listened to my request for static balancing and everything was fine.

hodogg

Sweet truck. I have an '08. If you ever decide you want a cap, check out SoftTopper. You mentioned that you load up your ATV and I do that too - takes about 5 minutes to collapse the top.

I was going to go the tablet route instead of an in-dash nav/media player. What software do you use for that? Do you just turn up the volume on the head unit then control with your tablet?

jusnicho

Observer
I totally removed the head unit and replaced it with an amp. I do charging over the 12v from the wiring harness. I use backcountry app, viewranger, and map factor GPS. You can preload maps so no data connection is required. I also use Google maps when I have 4g signal. BackCountry is my favorite since you can load national forest maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke