2004 F150 Build

jusnicho

Observer
Need to increase my backspacing now (most likely with new rims/tires), but new fender flares are on. Hid my front fender dents nicely.

wwbmAQ4c706qfhb635VmPhK6gfwqYTrMYenOlfTwdW1c_X0wO-BZI1Ft8mo-YdHoUrB7u3Wu1qacnwQ5jHD387127SEy_jS1n1S6r5KtYpanVB5oMvtxKK-qBkRBzK1WIFkXvimDO23Y6W4S12yM5C1mdKpWQR99qU9tzl3eKVU3Us1POXzUBBPKRyLVIEYUTWlrP06N-P_oGy5Zkr6buniWPgSZDMBYUQGa1hNPaaRrHs2DqoM35NLmgp40XPeFvLWxj9aQydjcsHYigFNK4GV0V6YtQ4LR9V-scVbYW00m4xGx0NlPNumGt48lx4_Ebxn3apMgHmyVyf2-V-_VvxgpieI5ytL-tutLEHVqOQk-8OxQWQ_dXHYByWwMdXCbq62keTq0_9QscM6VeLjO6p1JX53wZ0-tuF6sr4lRLgKXul9conI3iibTdH_6uRm7RhAfMjqRcVvZkAYWggCJH19_VowFxr15hKMxb3s0Je3BrlK5w3M4dlhADP5_VmA3Fd3MZ-XH0prNqkP6PDCKGi82EVJLFZx5v_bLbq03TYeBSzf-EPRDkqUK52RUIDrjOlUd=w988-h556-no

jusnicho

Observer
MOD Update

I have installed a few things in the past 2 weeks.

Hypertech Max Energy Tuner
B-T-S%20ICON.gif

Got it on Ebay for $75 with shipping. The guy didn't know what he had. I had to break the VIN lock, but it works awesomely now. I can now remove/read codes from the ECU and I have the 87 octane performance tune running. Throttle response is much better and it added maybe 10-15 HP with 25 ft/lb Torque. I also get about 1.5 mpg better and my speedo reads the correct speed again (adjusted for tires).

SpeedyRacer.com
Replaced driver front wheel hub assembly and brakes. I had to replace the caliper on the driver side front after both of the pistons cracked as I was removing the caliper. Brake fluid all over my garage.
s-l1600.jpg

Ironhide Fx4

Observer
Nothing like starting an easy maintenance job only to end up with a project and a mess. What tires are you planning on next? I eventually have to get some smaller rims with a better offset. Its a very tough process due to all the options.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice looking truck! I like your body style more than my '99 F-150 but mine is paid for, now with 85K on the clock, I'm kinda stuck with it.

I use to play with a lot of hot rods making mods engines and carbs, exhaust, etc. but today, I'm not going to mess with trying to re-engineer modern engines!

I remember doing some slight mod, like ram air thinking in my mind I had improved performance, not really, that was more in my mind because that's what I expected.

IMO, everything works in concert as it is designed, change one thing you effect something else. If I ram more air in, the fuel mixture needs tweeking, then the exhaust has to go out, then the timing, then electronics and running hard may just get me a blown engine.

If I need all the mods then I'd go through the entire engine design building everything to be more efficient as well as powerful and the trade off would likely be reliability.

Just saying, I wouldn't do some engine mod just because someone else did it or based on their perception, I'm going to trust the engineers and shoot for reliability more than 5 more HP or what sounds cool.

Now, the GPS mod, nice! I picked up an Alpine 928HD, I have to do some cutting and molding to make it fit, but I'll also buy a stock dash panel to replace my interior mod in the event I do sell it someday, another buyer may or may not want what I do to my truck. Another reason I leave out shade tree mods under the hood, resale.

Nice truck, best of luck and adventure with it. :)

jusnicho

Observer
Widening the F150

Even though I kind of went about it backwards, I finally got my width to match my fender flares.

Before (very tucked looking)
20160804_191630.jpg

After (outside of the tires are just inside the flares)
20160804_195221.jpg

2 inch width added to each side. Solid aluminum wheel adapters (6x135 to 6x135). So, now I have 48 nuts. Took a while, so I cleaned up the hubs and rotated my tires while I was at it.
20160804_195716.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Have you checked out F150online? Forum similar to this. Everyone on there is very fond of the "gotts intake mod". Might want to look into it. I think it gives you a bit of a HP/TQ boost. Anyways, tons of info on there.

Nice build. Gotta love F150's.

jusnicho

Observer
Have you checked out F150online? Forum similar to this. Everyone on there is very fond of the "gotts intake mod". Might want to look into it. I think it gives you a bit of a HP/TQ boost. Anyways, tons of info on there.

Nice build. Gotta love F150's.

I have thought about doing that in conjunction with a snorkel kit (unpopular in the f150 realm). The Jeep Cherokee snorkel kit can be modified to fit on an 04-08 body nicely. Once I get up the courage to cut my fenders I'll have a snorkel on it.

haters be warned.

s-l1600.jpg

Raul B

Explorer
I have thought about doing that in conjunction with a snorkel kit (unpopular in the f150 realm). The Jeep Cherokee snorkel kit can be modified to fit on an 04-08 body nicely. Once I get up the courage to cut my fenders I'll have a snorkel on it.

haters be warned.

s-l1600.jpg
Have a picture or details on how this is done?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jusnicho

Observer
Have a picture or details on how this is done?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

A picture no, but basically the the air box in the F150 (04-08) already comes out in the correct place to match the snorkel kits sold for the Jeep (not grand) Cherokee, from there is really just a matter of plumbing. Also you have to heat bend the upper portions to make the bend match the a pillar of the f150 driver window. If I decide to do it soon I will upload my steps as I do it on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior