2004 F150 Build

jusnicho

Observer
Always loved the 2004-08 body style F150s so I picked up a 2004 F150 to replace my dead Rover. Its going to be a long process, but I hope to post the build-out here.

Old ride (engine blown):
Rover02.jpg

F150:
IMG_20131122_152711_458.jpg

The Plan:
  • Snorkel
  • Side Steps
  • Fender Flares
  • Lift
  • Mud Tires (33"ish)
  • Lots More

jusnicho

Observer
Snorkel kit is high on my list, but I'm not finding a lot of choices for my truck.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

east_tn_81

Adventurer
More than likely the snorkel kit will have to be custom made. Is it a 5.4 or a 4.6? Make sure you check the IWE and if you have a 5.4 and have to replace the plugs get a lisle tool it will save your ***. Good luck and nice truck.

jusnicho

Observer
Its the 4.6 and I've been looking into fitting a custom one. Just ordered a 3" lift for front.

May not be getting a camper shell. Take my ATV with me a lot.

Raul B

Explorer
Its the 4.6 and I've been looking into fitting a custom one. Just ordered a 3" lift for front.

May not be getting a camper shell. Take my ATV with me a lot.

What lift did u go with? My 2.5" I have I my 07 is about 1" higher in the front than in the rear.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jusnicho

Observer
Its a 3". I had an 07 and did the same thing. This 04 I bought seems to be pitched way more forward. Without the lift it measures 24" from the ground rear and 17" in front (to bottom of the chrome not black plastic wind fairing)

jusnicho

Observer
More aesthetics than anything, but here are my Christmas goodies installed:

-nerf bars
-splash guards
-custom grille (getting raptor style FORD lettering)

8y5etaha.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389022275177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389022275177.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 92

Bdk

That is a nice looking truck, I also drive an 04 f150. I'm pretty excited to see your snorkel set up. Are you also going to be raising the vent lines for your axles and water proofing electrical components? Or is it even necessary? I ride atv's a lot and know that to go really deep you have to raise more than just your intake, I'm not sure if it's the same for a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jusnicho

Observer
Not to get off topic, but if you buy a 100k mile rig... change the fuel filter ASAP. Truck started missing so I changed mine and no more bucking and missing.

ja8a2a8e.jpg

That brown sludge came out of the filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94