Vario project started

jostein

Adventurer
Just a little update on interior.

Tried out Plasti dip on Some of the dashboard panels today. This stuff is easy to use, very good result in terms of finish, time will show how it handles wear.

Before:
DSC_0223.jpg

After:
DSC_0224.jpg
DSC_0230.jpg

jostein

Adventurer
It is a coating. They were beyond cleanable. The grey dash parts in this trucks are prone to UV, which causes them to go brown

jostein

Adventurer
No problem, just a little bit more than one can. That is for the parts shown on the picture posted earlier only.

Ullie

Adventurer
Are you still very pleased with the result of using platidip? Can you recommend it?
I'm also thinking to use it for the renovation af the interieur of our vario.

listerdiesel

I, and a number of others on this forum have had our Varios "chipped". For me it made noticeable difference. One hill which was a struggle to maintain 70kph is now taken at 90kph (max governed speed). Other have reported even better results.

Could you post more info on the chipping, please?

Just bought a 614D minibus and after getting the speed limiter removed it would be nice to get a little more poke as we are towing a 3.5 tonne trailer, fully loaded:

614d1.jpg

Barley1.jpg

Carrying one of these:

Barley3.jpg

Unfortunately we are not going off-road as you guys do, but we do travel into Europe, going to shows and on holidays.

My daily drive is a Land Rover Discovery 2 V8 :)

Regards,

Peter

jostein

Adventurer
Plastidip

I appologize my lack of reply, have changed job and email, so missed that there have been activity on this thread. There have not been to much activity on my project for a while either. Hope to get more time now.

Regarding the Plasti dip. I have reinstalled the panels, but not used the truck. So not much to add yet. Also used it for a roof console I made.

DSC_0239.jpg DSC_0236.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior