2004 Land Rover Disco expedition camper conversion

Moto-ranger

Hi all -
I'm fairly new to the portal.... After considering several off-road style campers, I've decided to convert my Disco into an expedition rig. I found a Colorado company www.phoenixpopup.com to create a hard top camper for my 2004 Disco. The camper will be cozy, but have most camping amenities we need. Including - stove, sink, refrigerator, toilet/shower combo, awning, solar power, water filtration, and bed over cab. The topper is mostly completed and the Disco is going under the knife soon with a finish date of 1/31/14. The Disco will be chopped off behind the rear door windows to the tailgate. My disco has a 2" lift and ARB front bumper with winch. Pictures below:image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

quickfarms

Adventurer
What is the construction of the camper? The outside loos to be fiberglass but you show a picture of a aluminum frame

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Cool! I'm excited to see how this turns out. Really curious to see how the interior size/layout works. You are packing a lot of stuff into a small package.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Cool idea, I'm excited to see how it turns out. I've often wondered what the truck would be like with a little more height.

Abitibi

Explorer
Really cool!

Before jumping on my ambulance conversion I seriously considered a similar project for my Nissan Patrol, also close to what Uro-Camper does.

I showed your pictures to a fellow local Patrol owner who got pretty excited with your project. If you don't mind to PM me some details on the cost and the company he'd really appreciate it!

Cheers
Mr. D

Moto-ranger

The final product turned out great!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Interior photos to follow... We are heading south to TX then CA to Alaska via back roads this Spring. I will respond as service allows.

Cheers!

Chazz Layne

Administrator
What changes did you made to the vehicle suspension to handle the extra weight?

I'm curious about that one myself, though I suspect the increase to total weight was very little considering how much (heavy) original equipment was removed.

Very cool setup, cozy, but cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne