Any quad cab dakotas on here?

storey618

Observer
just picked up a 2003 quad cab dakota a week ago and right now the only thing done to it is theres a bullbar on the front and thats coming off soon. im looking for ideas for it and right now i cant find very many quad cabs online with much work done to them so if you find any or have one post up some pics and info

securedownload (3).jpg

bucktruckota

Just bought a 2000 black QC 4x4 sport myself. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of aftermarket for 00-04 daks available. Mine will be my DD/hunting/camping truck.

The only lift available is either body lift, or cranking up the torsion bars (front) /block or shackle (rear). I'm squeamish about cranking up the torsion bars, as it eats the cv axles. Let me know if you find anything.

storey618

Observer
ive done some stuff to the truck (new A/T's, and toolbox) and the other day it played recovery truck, we got a bunch of snow here. it was a good foot on the back roads and my mom was driving her impala on those roads and slid into the oncoming lane and got stuck...not in the ditch...the left lane. anyways i grabbed the handy shovel and moved some snow by hand then hooked up the strap and pulled it right out. these tires and the 4wd on this truck are great.

DSCN0077222.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

bucktruckota

I've scoured the net for lifts, but Rancho recalled their lift. It was the only one made for our generation of trucks. If I could lift it reliably, drive line wise, I would be quite happy with 33's. Skidplates are non-existent too. Dodge quit making them years ago.

My truck has the 4.7 V8, auto, and the 231hd transfer case. It has 252,000 miles on it. Luckily it came with a cab height cap, so I can keep everything dry.

It won't be a super off road rig, but we have a 2000 XJ built by American Expedition Vehicles for anything nastier than Ohio has to offer. The Dakota will be a hunting rig first and foremost.

dakotamike

Adventurer
nice to see other dakota people i have a 2000 quad cab 4.7 working on a list of mods to do right now and hunting down rare parts like SKID PLATES

yosemitesamiam

Yep we are here. 01 QC 4x4 with a Glasstite camper shell. Two discontinued items right? 155k miles, auto trans and 4.7. Looking for ideas to build boxes and use for camping. I slept in the back with my 2nd oldest for a week using an old walmart tent to cover the lid and tailgate while open. It's going to take some creativity to use for long road trips with the 5'3 bed. But that's why we are here, right?

My thought is to cut the top out of the shell and hinge it. Like a flip-pac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier