The new Lexux GX460 is out and I am going to have nightmares tonight.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
And there I thought Nissan/Infinity did a poor job when they restyled the Patrol into the QX56....Lexus outdid them.

Seriously, I am not sure what the designers at Toyota are thinking these days.

View attachment 205023

View attachment 205024
The designers at Lexus/Toyota need some serious medical marijuana from Colorado. A terrible need for mind-opening meds. What an ugly front end. Really sad when one considers how well-built and long-lasting their vehicles are.

Last edited:

Sojourn

Wanderer
For all those that drink the Toyota koolaid, get use to their new look. Toyota, just like most OEMs, chooses a style theme for a vehicle generation (5 years for cars, up to 10 years for trucks) then rolls it out to their entire line. As someone that has worked with them professionally and that has spent my hard earned money on their products, I think that they have lost their way and are way off track.

CYK

Adventurer
I used to own the previous gen. I think the new one is a huge upgrade in and out. I love it! Well done Toyota. Thank you.

Jomax

Observer
Toyota lost their way and quality long ago. You guys can keep your toyotas..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4xdog

Explorer
A girlfriend, who likes cars but is not a car nut, just bought a 2013 GX460. She was happy to get one of the last of the old series because she thinks the new one is ugly as hell.

That seems like a very bad sign for Toyota/Lexus. Sure, we guys (mostly) on this site have our preferences. But when Lexus starts losing the professional women buyers, they're in trouble. They blew this redesign.

CYK

Adventurer
A girlfriend, who likes cars but is not a car nut, just bought a 2013 GX460. She was happy to get one of the last of the old series because she thinks the new one is ugly as hell.

That seems like a very bad sign for Toyota/Lexus. Sure, we guys (mostly) on this site have our preferences. But when Lexus starts losing the professional women buyers, they're in trouble. They blew this redesign.

i see this in forums all the time. new designs RARELY are well received by the previous gen followers/owners - probably has something to do with the fact that they no longer have hte latest/greatest.

initial '14+ gx sales are strong. looks are so subjective. numbers don't lie. i wish toyota/lexus the best. i for certain don't want the '13. long live the king.

4xdog

Explorer
i see this in forums all the time. new designs RARELY are well received by the previous gen followers/owners...

...initial '14+ gx sales are strong. looks are so subjective. numbers don't lie...

True enough that new designs cause a mix of complaint and praise. My friend moved from a Mercedes Benz GL450 to the Lexus, so it isn't a matter of defending a prior choice; she just likes the style of the 2013 better.

And no doubt, Toyota and especially Lexus have fanboys that will praise everything they do. They'll do fine with the new design, I'm sure.

Sales stats are up at the end of 2013 over 2011-12, which may be a sign the new spindle grille is building support? Could also be a rush to get the old style, too -- the data I can find don't state which model year. GX sales are down massively vs 2003-2007.

i-Hgjgxpj-L.jpg

i-Z9tdj7n-L.jpg

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/lexus-gx-sales-figures.html

CYK

Adventurer
Luxury cars like the gx will fluctuate greatly by economic conditions. Nobody NEEDS a $60k gas guzzling truck. What shall remain for at least a decade without fail is the new spindle design. As if any mass produced car design is Mona Lisa.

So for those that use words like hate on inanimate material objects... Let your wallet do the talking. And keeping your dusty and dated $10k old cruiser around doesn't count. Lexus isn't chasing after you anyways.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sojourn

Wanderer
urevuma4.jpg

Further proof of Toyota's misguided attempt at styling. Or proof that corporations can have a sense of humor. The 2015 Toyota Lorax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94