so school me on xterras

the59sound

Observer
i know it's been a while, but i ended up selling the JK i had due to getting a divorce. so now i'm in an XJ i picked up for $600. I like it pretty well, but i miss being able to take the top and doors off. Thanks everyone for giving me a ton of info on xterra's. I'm moving out to Austin TX on the 15th of November so if any of you are out that way feel free to hit me up and we should go camping. :sombrero:

Dmski

Adventurer
I've owned both. My first gen was a 5 spd and tons of fun offroad, but had the 4.1 gears so struggled at highway speeds and got terrible gas mileage and was just getting tired. Dead reliable after you fix the recalled fuel sending unit (left me stranded at a ski resort once, but that's it).

I bought the 2nd gen for more of everything essentially. More power, more room, etc. I like it better than the first gen since it is more refined and is a great platform. If I was going to be rock crawling, I'd choose the first gen, but since I'm more into the overland and adventure stuff where I'm not going to be boulder bashing that much, the second gen is a better option in my opinion. But both can do either well when built to your style of wheeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior