camping around asheville nc

the59sound

Observer
Hey everyone my wife and i are planning a trip to nc in October. We want to spend a week around Asheville but we want to camp for 3 nights. We are going to be camping primitive style and we were wondering what spots to look into. We may turn into a hiking trip so camp in spot a then travel to spot b and so on. Any suggestions on where to start our look?

Chris Boyd

Explorer
There are a number of primitive sites along areas of the blue Ridge Parkway. I've not used them, but spoke with a Ranger at Julien Price and he showed me several areas for wild camping. That's a bit far from Asheville, but I'm sure there are others.

Also appears to be some north of Old Fort, NC along Roseboro road according to some other reports I've read.

the59sound

Observer
Thanks everyone. I'm looking these up as they come. I like them all so far...makes me want to move out of Alabama to able have views like and terrain like this

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Johnrunberg

Adventurer
I lived over in Brevard and loved it. If you get back in the Pisgah NF there were plenty of sites along the fire roads. Last I checked a bunch of the lower sites were signed as no camping but the higher ones were still open. Plenty of places to explore up there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior